Outlook - delete emails with similar subject

Hi,

I'll need you help for the below issue.

In a folder, i receive an email with title starting with "Create" followed by some words. After some time, i receive an email with title starting with "Delete". After i receive the last email, i'd like to create a script/rule in order to delete both emails (meaning the issue is cleared and i don't longer need the emails in that folder).

Can you help me with this issue?

Thank you very much.

Hi. SedanAL

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

In this case, to delete all emails that have the same subject, but after deleting it, you must deactivate or delete the rule you created, if you have not deactivated the rule when you receive this same subject. Messages next time, emails will be moved to the Deleted Objects folder automatically.

1. Select the email you want to delete all emails with this theme.

2. Click Start> Rules> Create rule.

3. And in the Create Rule dialog box, verify The subject contains option, and the theme text is automatically added, then verify Move the item to the folder and click Select folder button to choose a folder to put deleted emails.

4. Then click OK and verify Run this rule now on messages that are already in the current folder option in the request box.

5. Click OK, all emails containing the same subject have been moved to the Deleted Objects folder.

6. After deleting emails, you must go to Manage rules and alerts to deactivate the rule you just created, you can select the rule item and click Delete to delete it, or uncheck the rule. And then click OK to close the dialog box.

Remove All Emails That Have the Same Subject with The Search Function:

You can also delete emails that contain the same topic by filtering them first with Outlook Search feature, and then delete.

1. Go to the Mailbox folder under your account that you want to delete emails with the same subject.

2. Press Ctrl + E keys simultaneously to activate the Search Tools and click on Search> Subject.

3. And now the subject search criteria: "keywords" has been inserted into the Instant Search box automatically. Please replace the keywords with the text of the specified subject by which you will delete the emails, and all emails that have the same subject are listed in the mailing list.

4. Click on an email item and press Ctrl + A to select all messages, and then right-click to choose Delete from the context menu (or you can press Delete key on the keyboard to delete them).

Best Regards.
Anthony. -

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Anthony,

Actually, the issue is more complex.

The "template" and conditions for deleting is as follows:

-if i receive an email with title (for ex): "Delete"+ variable word(s) + "issue" + variable word(s)

i want to delete this email and the one before it, which is something like this: "Create" variable word(s) + "issue" + variable word(s).

I think this kind of stuff can be solved with a script.

I hope i make myself clear this time :).

Thank you,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand this is one of those areas where the format is important. Note that there is no space on both sides of the equal sign (=). We also leave the $ sign from the beginning of the variable name when configuring it.

In that case, I enclose necessary information for your case, from a third party link:

https://ryanstutorials.net/bash-scripting-tutor...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 17,205 Applies to: