Outlook auto complete won't display 1 specific email/contact address

I have a user that has a problem with 1, and only 1, specific email address being remembered in the outlook autocomplete. When they start typing the address auto complete will not show the address. Any other addresses get filtered normally. I assume some sort of corruption to the auto complete cache has occurred but the users does not want all their entries to get wiped in order to fix the problem. Is there a way to either repair the corrupted entry or wipe the auto complete cache and rebuilt it with everything currently in the cache?

Dear AdvancedNetworkSolutions,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

Based on your description, I understand that you have a query "Outlook auto complete won't display 1 specific email/contact address". Before we proceed the investigation, we need more detailed information about the situation you are experiencing.

Please help us in isolating the issue by providing the following information:

1. What version of Outlook are you using? See What version of Outlook do I have? (microsoft.com)

2. Have you tried deleting the cache? Close Outlook and delete > %userprofile%AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache\Stream_Autocomplete_[Bunch of Numbers Here].dat or run the command Outlook /cleanautocompletecache to clean server-side copy of cache.

3. Have you tried clearing the Autocomplete list? Go to File > Options > Mail > Send Messages > Empty Auto-Complete List.

We look forward to hearing from you, please let me know and provide a more detailed description so we can provide you with more specific assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

Sincerely
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

outlook for Microsoft 365 v 2301 16.0.16026.20002

I have not tried deleting the cache. will doing this erase the auto complete entries that are currently functioning?

I have not tried clearing the auto complete list either. The problem with this is that several hundred auto complete entries would be lost as part of the clearing, is that correct?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem and it started on Friday April 7 2023 after Microsoft had an issue with Sent messages not being sent even though they were in the Sent Folder. That got fixed and now I am unable to have ONE address add to the autocomplete. No matter how many times I send her a message, her email address won't stick in the autocomplete.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

following up on my reply. is there a way to keep the auto complete list in tact and repair the one entry that won't save?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Would love to know if a solution to this has been found.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nick

No one ever gave me a good solution. I used the HELP, Contact Support, button within Outlook 365 and they had me try everything but nothing worked. I ended up exporting my contacts to a .csv file. Then I deleted my .pst and .ost and all the files/folders related to Outlook, hacked them out of the registry. Then I did a REPAIR on Microsoft Office. I basically started from scratch with a new Outlook profile, imported my contacts, and so far, so good.

Good luck,

Barbara

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2024 Views 6,448 Applies to: