Outlook Alerts Sound Volume - Any Way to Increase?

I can barely hear the Outlook alerts (e.g. when a new message arrives).  Is there any way to increase the volume?  Oddly, if I go right to the sound file, and play it via iTunes the volume is perfectly acceptable.  

There is no volume controller in Outlook to increase the volume of the email alert.

The sound adjustment has to be done on the machine.

Close all the applications which are opened on the screen and click on the speaker icon which is on the Apple bar to adjust the volume. Check if that helps.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply - I can turn up the master volume on the machine.  However, the volume on all other applications becomes extremely loud.  Will all of my other apps - the volume is nicely balanced (e.g. a comfy volume level for one works for all the others) - except for Outlook.  If I adjust the volume for my other apps - then I can barely (and I mean barely) hear Outlook.  The problem is with Outlook playback, not the machine.

Note also, that if I set the volume for my other apps, and listen to sound files in the Outlook program directories - the volume is just fine.  The problem is when Outlook attempts to play them.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the very same problem as ZIncKatz, and I am grateful to learn that Outlook doesn't have a volume controller. It's not me who couldn't find a way to adjust the volume, it's a feature of the programme that the sounds are barely audible!

It is very reassuring that "support engineers" are around to offer help on how to adjust the volume on a system-wide basis.

And that the "support engineers" refer to the menu bar as "the Apple bar".

And recommend (for no reason whatsoever) to close all applications first. (Whatever it may mean to "close" an application. On my Mac, I quit applications, but I close windows, and that is not the same thing at all: most applications are still running even when their last windows are closed. It's not a Windows operating system!)

I wonder whether that "support engineer" has ever done more on a Mac than clicking on the speaker icon on the "Apple bar".

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HOW CAN I INCREASE THE VOLUME ON MY EMAILS?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't adjust Outlook's output volume, but you can adjust the volume for each sound file used. Use a sound editor such as Audacity (which is free) to open the sound files. Audacity has a Normalize effect which might do the trick for you. It also has the ability to manually control the sound level within the files.
Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Some sounds are louder then others, I replaced my email notification sound with "windows Exclamation" and it is just loud enough that I hear it and keep my sound at relatively reasonable volume where other notifications are not too loud.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 21,861 Applies to: