Outlook 365 (Online) - Search Not Working

I am using the online version of Outlook 365, and the search feature is not working. I just keep getting an error message saying "Your request cannot be completed right now." It was working fine...and then all of a sudden it wasn't.

Emails are still going in & out, so it's not an internet-access issue.

And note that this is the "online" version of Outlook (NOT the desktop version), so recommending anything about updating my version of Outlook/Windows, doing anything in Control Panel or services.msc, etc. shouldn't really apply.

Anybody have any suggestions? Impossible to work without being able to search in my Inbox...

Thanks for the help!

Never mind? After about 45 minutes (and checking 2 different Outlook accounts on laptop browsers and iPhone apps), the problem just disappeared and everything is working fine again. Technology, huh?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, Samuel

According to your description, the issue of your concern that your OWA - Outlook Web App search function are not available.

Therefore, please give an attempt for try login on OWA in another browser or sign-in under the In-Private/ Incognito mode.

If it works, please clear the cookies & cache for your browser that commonly used.

If not, could you please allow us to know what kind of your account that you're using?

(Exchange, IMAP or POP) And please confirm your account configuration on OWA based on - POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings for Outlook.com.

Please feel free to contact us if there's an update.

Regards,

Zed

*Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Samuel

Network fluctuations, Browser or CPU overload might be one of the causes.

Anyway, please feel free to contact us if the issue persists.

Please feel free to contact us if there's an update.

Regards,

Zed

*Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zed,

Thanks for commenting. I will add that this issue was happening for two different Outlook accounts (work & personal), and happening within the web browser on my laptop AND in the Outlook app on my iPhone. So I don't think any of your suggested solutions would apply. I think there may have been an actual problem with Outlook while this was happening, but thankfully it's fixed.

Sam

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 880 Applies to: