Outlook 365 on Win 10 and Win 11 can't see where to specify SMTP login credentials

I use both a PC and a Mac.

Have found it impossible to set up my business email account on Outlook 365 on the Windows PC, because it has separate credentials for logging onto the SMTP server.

Which is odd, because I can do it on the Mac. Here's what the window looks like on the Mac.

Question is, where can I access somewhere on Outlook 365 for Windows to input the specific SMTP username and password credentials?

Couldn't find it in Windows 10/Outlook 365, and same unsatisfactory situation prevails on Windows 11.

Any clues you can give me will be gratefully appreciated.

Generally in MS Outlook when adding the mail account it uses auto setup where only the email address & its password is required to verify, no settings are shown used.

There maybe other hoops if you have two factor set in the web access settings for that mail account

If you have use all settings when adding the mail account you select 'other types' in order to have access to to the various settings but this should not be necessary in any com.au email account

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Generally in MS Outlook when adding the mail account it uses auto setup where only the email address & its password is required to verify, no settings are shown used.

There maybe other hoops if you have two factor set in the web access settings for that mail account

If you have use all settings when adding the mail account you select 'other types' in order to have access to to the various settings but this should not be necessary in any com.au email account

Using the automated setup is not possible with the hosting service I use, which is a secure service with separate login credentials for SMTP, i.e. different settings to IMAP login.

So yes, I do need to be able to input those credentials separately which is both possible and straightforward on Office 365 for Mac OS. Cant understand why the interface is so different for Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 45 Applies to: