Outlook 365 not receiving some emails

I stopped receiving some emails that were sent from outside organizations. All internal mails within the organization were received. The major problem is that even though I don't receive the mails, they were not bounced back to the senders. Thus, the senders are not aware of the problem, and they think I received the mails. This is a BIG issue. Just to clarify. I have no active rules, not forwarding the mails to others. nothing found in my junk mail, etc... Looks like the problem is not at the end user application but somewhere up there. Hello Microsoft, what is the problem?

EDIT: Moved FROM Outlook / Outlook.com / Email TO Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other due to having an issue with a Microsoft Exchange account.

Hi Joel Nahum!

Thanks for reaching out to our Microsoft Community Forum and please accept our sincerest hope that all is well.

From the description you provided it seems you've suddenly stopped receiving emails in your email account that was issued by your organization. In addition, the issue seems to affect only people from outside your organization.

That's uncomfortable situation to be in so let us work together as a team to get to the bottom of this issue of yours. And to start things off I need to ask:

1) What version of Outlook are you using? I specifically need the Product name and Version number as highlighted in our About Office: What version of Office am I using? guide and photo below.

2) What email account are you having an issue with? You don't have to tell me the actual email account. I just need to know if it's @Outlook.com or @Gmail.com or @Yahoo.com or something else.

3) What email protocol are you using with the email account you added in Outlook? Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3)? Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)? Microsoft Exchange? To know which protocol you’re using from Outlook, click the File tab, you’ll get a window similar to the photo below. The item highlighted in red is the protocol which in this case is IMAP.

4) How long have you had this issue? Days? Weeks? Months?

5) Also, since this your organization's email account have you contacted the IT department? What did they have to say about this issue of yours?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Glenn Rue

Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Glenn, Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Microsoft 365 MSO (Ver 2202 Build 16.0.14931.20116)

2. Mails from gmail, yahoo and outlook are received. Mails from @etsc.eu, @irf.global, @smartcitiesworld.net for example are lost somewhere.

3. Microsoft Exchange

4. Roughly since Feb 1, 2022

5. The IT department aware of the problem but can’t solve it or claims there is no issue.

Regards,

Joel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the additional information, Joel Nahum!

That's quite surprising that the I.T. department would say there's no problem because of the simple fact that your using a Microsoft Exchange account.

As noted in our What is a Microsoft Exchange account? article, a Microsoft Exchange account is a work or school email account. The organization that gave you the Exchange email account is running a Microsoft Exchange Server, or is using Microsoft 365 which uses Exchange Server to provide email.

To put it simply, by using a Microsoft Exchange Server the company's I.T. department has full control of what you can do in your Microsoft Exchange account including who you can receive emails from.

So Microsoft Exchange is part of our commercial product line so I'll transfer your thread to the side of the forums that has experts for such a product so at least you'll have some proof to present the I.T. department about this issue. Please do wait for one of those experts to take over here.

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft! We’re here when you need us.

Respectfully,

Glenn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2024 Views 823 Applies to: