Outlook 365 exchange - calendar - cannot edit/delete my own meeting!

Hello to the community,

I have had calendar issues recently following a change of language in my outlook preferences (using Outlook 365 at work).

After switching from French to English I had 2 calendar coexisting for a while ('Calendrier' and 'Calendar').

I have managed to finally delete 'Calendrier' from my profile and only have 'Calendar' now, but am now facing the following problem: I have a recurring team meeting invite sent by me prior to the language switch, and now it seems I am not the meeting organizer for that invite anymore as I cannot edit / update / delete that invite, even though it shows my name and email address etc.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks a lot

Hi Minh,

From your description, I understand you cannot edit or delete the team meeting you created in Outlook desktop, if so, to check whether it is related to Outlook client or other factors, please try to login to OWA and test whether you can edit/delete it there.

If the issue only occurs in Outlook desktop, the Outlook client might be corrupted, I recommend you to follow the link below to repair it.

https://support.office.com/en-US/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

In addition, for detailed instruction about how to troubleshoot this issue, you could also refer to You can't remove a calendar item or an email message in Outlook in Office 365

If the issue still persists, may I collect more information for further analysis?

1. You have no such issue before changing language for Outlook, right?

2. Screenshots of your operation steps and the problem page.

3. Version of Outlook client, click File > Office Account > About Outlook.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Betty,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the same issue across outlook desktop / OWA / iphone - on all 3 calendars I cannot edit my own recurring invite (I can accept/maybe/decline as a regular attendee only)

to answer your questions:

1. indeed, I had no issues prior to changing languages

2. After double clicking on the invite here is what I have

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Minh,

Thanks for your quick and detailed feedback. Since the issue also occurs in OWA, to help you check it further, we need collect the initial calendar event file. And to figure out whether the issue is related to language, you may try to change the language of Outlook back to French, and view whether the calendar event will change.

In addition, from your screenshot, the version of your Outlook client is not up to date, for better using experience, we recommend you to let your Outlook client be latest, to update it, just need click File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now.

To save the event, click File > Save as > Save. And to protect your privacy, I'll send you a link to collect the calendar event, your cooperation is highly appreciated.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Minh,

Based on your information, I have tried to test on my side, but I failed to reproduce the issue. Since you mentioned the issue occurred after your changed preference language of Outlook from French to English, may I know whether the window will change back if you change the language to be French? Which is to make sure whether the issue has connection with language.

In addition, to figure out the scope of the issue, please let me know whether other meeting events you created also have such issue.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Minh,

In order to help you further, I'd like to confirm you more information and offer you related suggestion, detailed information displays below:

1. As far as I know, either organizer and attendee can edit(partial) and delete meeting event in their calendar, if your actual concern is to delete the meeting event and you cannot delete it in your calendar at present, I will show you an extra method to delete it, for certain reason, I will show you details in private message.

2. If you want to cancel meeting but you cannot do it now, to achieve your demand in time, I recommend you can send a notification email to all the attendees to ignore that meeting invitation. If you want to update the meeting event, it is more convenient for you to create a new meeting event.  

Hope my suggestions are helpful for your current work, if you have extra demand, welcome to let me know, I will always here to help you.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Minh,

May I know whether my suggestions are helpful for you?

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Betty,

Thanks for the follow-up and suggestions.

1. I switched back and forth from French to english and it unfortunately did not solve the issue. Also no other meeting created was impacted, I guess because that one was the only recurring meeting hence the spillover before/after language switch

2. my issue is to regain rights on the invite - since it is a recurring meeting, I would like to be able to edit/cancel specific occurences whenever I need it. Of course I can ask each team member to decline the invite and resend a new one but I would not have asked here for help if it was that simple :) 

by the way I can indeed delete the invite in my own calendar as any other invite receive from a 3rd party.

I guess at this point there is just no solution? this is very weird and hopefully it won't happen again in the future...

thanks

Minh 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Minh,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, if this issue is just a single and occasional issue, and it cannot be reproduced, it is hard to get the potential cause of it, you could apply the workaround we talked temporarily, which is better for your business. If the issue occurs again, welcome to post in this forum, and we will try our best to further help you to check what exactly triggered it, your understanding and time is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2024 Views 11,871 Applies to: