Outlook 2106 McAfee Total Protect -- Outgoing email virus scan signature problem

I looking at helping a co-worker.  He is using McAfee Total Protect as the Internet security software on his Windows 8 laptop.  In Outlook 365 (2016), when he forwards an email with an attached file, he is getting this added to the being of the forwarding email message:

焸ぎtml xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

I have narrowed it down to the McAfee outgoing email scanning settings.  Somehow, the McAfee Outgoing scanning is changing the email message body to include the McAfee virus scanned signature to the email.

Besides turning off the outgoing email scanning system, can someone guide me to where I can find a fix for this?

Answer
Answer
Hi Yleclerc,

Thank you for posting. I would like to know which Outlook 365 client version user are using, please provide us with the detailed screenshot about version (e.g. 2016 MSO (16.0.10228.20080). See What version of Outlook do I have?

Does this issue happen to any other users in your organization? 

Make sure that Outlook 2016 client and antivirus are latest update. 

If user are not using current latest build version, please update the Office client. See check for Office updates 

However, based on the description “the McAfee Outgoing scanning is changing the email message body to include the McAfee virus scanned signature to the email”, issue is most likely to lie with McAfee side. 

Did you get a chance to report it to McAfee support? If not, then I would suggest you please contact their support for further assistance.

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 634 Applies to: