Outlook 2019 no longer connecting to IMAP server. I can get new mail on iPhone, iPad and directly logging onto comcast.net. How can I fix my connection problem on Windows 10 and Outlook 2019?

My details are in the heading. I tried to repair my settings, but it cannot connect to the imap server to effect a repair. What can I do?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello elizabethsandbeck!

Welcome to Microsoft Office Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We do understand your concern that you are having issues your Outlook that is not connecting to your IMAP server. Let’s us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

The problem causing this issue on your Outlook is with the synchronization of your email to the server. It might be that there was an update or changes you've made on your account or from the server itself. However, for us to better isolate this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

1. May we ask what specific email address you trying to associate with Microsoft? ***Note: Just provide us the domain of your email if it is on @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, @gmail.com or something else?

2. Is this affecting your sending and receiving of your emails?

3. Do you see any error message on the Outlook when you are sending and receiving email?

4. What were the changes you've made on your email before this happened? Like have you change your password recently?

We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

ReynaldoB

Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

@comcast.net. In Outlook 2019 on my PC, when I press send/receive, I get the error,

! "Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Folder: Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (ox800CCC0E): 'Outlook cannot download folder Inbox from the IMAP email server for account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider. (ISP).'

I have not changed my password nor made any changes. As I mentioned, mail is arriving on my iPad and iPhone. It just stopped receiving mail Saturday. I am able to send messages from Outlook 2019 on the PC.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After spending hours trying to fix this error, not being able to start Outlook...I simply rebooted my machine.

Problem solved.

scanpst.exe was not available for my version...curious.

Good luck!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried rebooting on Saturday. It did not solve my problem. I tried to repair the problem and repair didn't work because it could not communicate with the IMAP server.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi elizabethsandbeck!

Thank you for getting back to us.

Based on the error message that you provided, this is something to do with the synchronization issues between Outlook and your server which is the Comcast.net. It might have been that there's a corrupted file on the Outlook that is causing this. For us to better assist you with this concern, we'd like you to perform this method in creating a new profile for your email on Outlook.

Here's the server settings that you can use for Comcast:

• Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net /  Port number: 993 with SSL ON

• Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net /  Port number: 587 or 465 (SMTP)

To create a new profile, please follow this step by step process:

1. Open your control panel. To open control panel, you can use the search box beside your start menu and search for "Control Panel".

2. Once you open your control panel, search for "Mail" using the search box at the top right. Please see the image bellow.

3. Click on "Show Profiles"

4. Click on "Add" and then type you desired name of the profile like "New Profile" then click "OK"

5. Select "Manual setup or additional server types"

6. Select on "POP or IMAP" then click on "Next"

7. On this page just put in the information needed like incoming and outgoing server and the password. Then click on "More Settings"

8. Then put a check mark on the outgoing server. Then go to "Advanced"

9. From advanced, setup the port numbers for incoming and outgoing servers. Then click "OK". And please follow step by step process below.

Hope this helps. If you in any chance that the issue still persist, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

ReynaldoB

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sadly, this failed. A few questions.

Where would I input the port numbers you reference early in your reply? IMAP (993 w/ ssl on) SMTP (587 or 465).

In red, you reference canby.com

Did you mean Comcast.net?

Appreciate the help. Hope we’re close. This is so frustrating.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi elizabethsandbeck!

To answer you questions:

-Where would I input the port numbers you reference early in your reply? IMAP (993 w/ ssl on) SMTP (587 or 465).

• You should put the port numbers under the "Advanced" tab. It should be like this. If it doesn't work with 465 and SSL on the outgoing, you can try using the 587 and TLS instead of SSL. Do not change the incoming server, leave it as it is.

-Did you mean Comcast.net?

• My bad I was wrong. Yes, what I mean was comcast.net not the canby.com. So it should be like this.

Sincerely,

ReynaldoB

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like logging into incoming worked, but I got this message: send test email message: The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or ISP.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi elizabethsandbeck!

I suggest that you try different port number for the outgoing server then try again. Please refer to my previous reply for the port numbers.

Sincerely,

ReynaldoB

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried the original, plus both you gave me… no luck. Any other outgoing port numbers I could try? If not, where do I go from here?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 1,915 Applies to: