Outlook 2016 can't download emails

I have Office 365, windows 10, 64 bit.

My outlook (suddenly) won't download emails

It started late Sunday, with my last email timed 01.24

No emails would download or send on Monday (22nd January) at all (see outlook.1 pic). Mind you, when i opened it this morning, there was one email. It was a regular one in my in-box about accessing an old, defunct, email address and 9 junk emails

My account info is all OK

I downloaded a recovery tool from Microsoft and it wouldn't recognize my email address (the one I always use)

Then I check further. I send myself a testing email and it will not send. I look and get this error message of can't find server

Don't know where to go, or what to do, from here

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Answer
Answer

It seems to be working again!

The only problem is one of transferring or forwarding emails. I deleted my Outlook forwarding from my Gmail account.

Now I want to re-establish it. Gmail sends an email with a verification code to my Outlook account, but the email NEVER comes through

I have tested it with Outlook. I have no add-ons and nothing complicated to impede their journey through cyberspace, as it were. 

I even sent a 'testing' email from Outlook to my Outlook address. It took 10 minutes to come through

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2022 Views 3,094 Applies to: