Outlook 2013 client shows “Need password” for an Outlook365 corporate account and a blank window is shows without field where to enter username and password

Hi

I would appreciate anyone's help on this:

I use Outlook 2013 application on a Win7 PC to access an Outlook365 corporate account. I understand Outlook 365 account, also corporate ones, can be accessible from internet.

After start-up PC, while connected to internet (no corporate network, no VPN) I open Outlook 2013 and application shows “Need password”.

When I click on it, I got blank window that never ever shows any field where to enter username and password

If I connect to corporate network using corporate VPN, and I restart Outlook 2013, I am not asked for "Need Password" and my emails get synchronized as expected.

IF after that, I disconnect from VPN but keep connected to internet, Outlook 2013 is able to keep synchronizing emails without problem.

Problem I need to solve is: why Outlook 2013 shows that blank window instead of showing the form to enter username and password.

I have contacted my corporate IT support and they have no idea how to solve this.

(I assume there might be a correction needed for Outlook2013)

I would appreciate any help

In case it is helpful for anyone, this is how my problem was solved

by changeing value of entry 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Internet' from '0' to '2' in RegEdit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2023 Views 846 Applies to: