Online status in Outlook Mail

How do I change the online status on my Outlook Mail account? When I try to change it from "Available" to "Invisible", it changes back by itself and I can not change it again until I log out then log in again. Then the same thing happens again. I would like it to show me as "Invisible" all the time.

Dave

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

Hi Dave,

You control how your online status is displayed to other people. For example, if you are unavailable, you can change your online status to busy or invisible. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to verify how are you accessing Outlook. Is it using the Outlook Mail app or via Outlook.com?

Regards.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I access Outlook using Outlook Mail on my laptop computer. I would like it to show me as "Invisible" not "Available" when I am online. When I click on my online status and select it to show me as "Invisible", it changes back to "Available" by itself with no input from me. When it does this, I am no longer able to change it again until I log off then log on again later. At that time the same thing happens all over again. I just want my online status to be shown as "Invisible" all the time.

Dave

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You control how your online status is displayed to other people. Following these steps will help you in turning off your online status in Outlook:

1. Click the File tab to open the Backstage view, and then click Options.

2. On the Contacts tab, under Contacts Index, select or uncheck the Display online status next to name check box.

3. Click OK.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 51,129 Applies to: