Office Outlook app, Windows Calendar app, and outlook.com account

I use my outlook.com account as the registered owner of Office apps (including Outlook app). Since the calendar part of Office Outlook does not support Yahoo or Google calendars, I use Windows Calendar app for my calendar application. So on the Office Outlook app and Windows Calendar app, I have 3 accounts: Outlook, Google, and Yahoo.

When I use Office Outlook app to accept a meeting invite from Google account (or Yahoo account), it adds a calendar event on Office Outlook's calendar which is on Outlook.com account. As a result, it becomes two events on Windows Calendar app, one original Google event and one Outlook.com event.

How do I prevent Office Outlook app from automatically adding events to Outlook.com calendar when the events are for Google or Yahoo account?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi dlin95123,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate that you've taken the time to post your concern here in Microsoft Community Forum.

By the way the inbuilt scanning feature in Outlook automatically adds events to Calendar, based on the content of your emails. You will find below the steps to Prevent Outlook From Adding Calendar Events.

If you are noticing a bunch of events in your Calendar that you did not add, these events are being automatically added by Outlook.

This feature in Outlook is designed to scan your emails and add events to the Calendar based on the content of your emails.

In order to fix this kind of issue, just follow the steps below:

Prevent Microsoft Outlook from adding events to Calendar

Open Microsoft Outlook. Next, click on File > Options > Mail and here uncheck Automatically process meeting requests and responses to meeting requests and polls.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Sun Khou

Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It is already unchecked. But Microsoft/Office Outlook continues to add __accepted__ Google/Yahoo calendar events to outlook.com calendar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi dlin95123,

Thanks for the quick response!

I'd like you to try the instructions below as well.

Note: As you can see these settings are only available in Outlook webmail but, we'll test these settings to see if they work with your Outlook app Calendar.

1. Go to Outlook.com and Sign in to your Email Account.

2. Click on the Settings icon located near the top-right corner of your screen and click on View all Outlook settings option in the drop-down menu.

3. On the next screen, click on Calendar > Events from email in the left panes. In the right-pane, clear or uncheck Automatically add events to my calendar from email option.

4. Click on the Save button to save these changes to your Email Account.

The other option is to use the Mail scanning feature in such a way that only selected events are added to your Calendar.

This can be achieved by checking only a few selected events in Outlook settings and unchecking all other unwanted items.

If the issue still persist we could try performing a quick repair on your outlook app.

here's how:

1. Right click on the Start button, typically found at the lower left corner of the screen, then click on Apps and Features.

2. Locate the Office software in the list of apps, typically listed under Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2019. Click on the Office app and select Modify.

3. Select either option 1 of a Quick Repair or option 2 of an Online Repair, then click on Repair. The online repair is generally a more in depth and longer process.

4. On the verification window, select Repair to begin the process.

5. When finished, the Office program will give a completion message.

6. You can now reopen your programs. If you tried a Quick repair and it didn't work, try the online repair. If that also fails, you may need to uninstall and re-install Office.

I'll just leave link this link for additional options you can try: Repair an Office application (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Sun Khou

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again, Sun. On Outlook.com, my settings page looks a bit different from yours.

As you can see, I can't uncheck the item in your reply. Is there elsewhere I should double check? Thanks.

David

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi dlin95123,

Thanks for getting back to us!

You're fine, just change all to "Dont show event summaries in email or on my calendar".

After that, try sending a "test" event to your Gmail/Yahoo account and check if it still shows up in your Outlook calendar.

We eagerly await your response,

Sincerely,

Sun Khou

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sun,

As you can see from the attached screenshot, all have been set to "Don't show event summaries in email or on my calendar" already. But I still get double calendar events.

David

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello dlin95123,

I'm sorry for the late response,

I would like to ask if you had already performed a repair on your Office software?

Let us know if it will help resolve the problem.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post

Sincerely,

Sun Khou

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the follow up, Sun. I just performed another repair on Office. I chose the "Online Repair". Then I tested and it still does not work. I used my wife's calendar to send an invite to my Yahoo account. It still shows on Outlook calendar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello dlin95123,

Thanks for the quick response!

May I inquire as to when it was last operational? Did the problem start when you added your Google/Yahoo account to Outlook?

We eagerly await your response,

Sincerely,

Sun Khou

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sun,

It is never operational like it should be. This PC is new (about 2 month old now). I have been Googling and trying various tips. But none of them work so far.

I recently switched to Windows from Mac. I had Microsoft Outlook on my Mac Pro as well and used Mac Calendar for all my calendars (Exchange, Yahoo, and Google). It worked fine back then with my Mac.

So now I am on Windows 10 with a high-end PC hardware. I need reliable mail and calendar apps. Thanks for helping me out again.

David

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 122 Applies to: