Office 365 Calendar Sync with Android

Hello,

I am a solo consultant that just set up office 365 and want to use Outlook for email. My email is hosted at my ISP along with my website. Email and calendar work great on the desktop. When I open the App for Android on my Samsung Note 8, I can see email but no calendar. I contacted support for the app and they said that the account is IMAP and that the calendar will not sync to the MS App or any other app...it's IMAP. My question is how do I get this to work. My ISP says to ask Microsoft if I can run Office 365 as an Exchange account. If so, for a few bucks a month I can set my email up as an Exchange account. I don't understand really what this means but my question is if I pay the $3 more to my ISP will I be able to sync my calendar or not? Please advise how I should move forward. I MUST be able to see my calendar on my Android device and need a solution. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hale

Hello HaleJay,

Based on my knowledge, only an Exchange account can sync emails, contacts, calendars and any other Microsoft Exchange folders are synchronized automatically. Therefore, it is expected that your IMAP account cannot sync calendar. For more information about what you can and cannot sync, here for your reference:

Sync basics - what you can and cannot sync.

Generally, an Exchange account is an Office 365 account (onmicrosoft.com/yourdomain.com) or Microsoft account (Hotmail.com/outlook.com). If you have an Office 365 subscription, you can add your custom domain to Office 365 so that you can use an Office 365 account with your domain. For your reference: Add a domain to Office 365.

I hope this can help. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns.

Best Regards,

Sylvie

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Sylvie,

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. So yes, I have an Office 365 subscription. When I setup my email host I went with my domain host for email as well. So I have the email <*** Private Email address is removed for privacy ***>  up and working in Office 365. My next question is how do I "convert" this IMAP email that I'm using in Office 365 to an Exchange account so that I can sync my calendar. Who do I go to, my ISP or Microsoft? Please help point me in the right direction.

All the best,

Hale

<*** Private information is removed by Shawn Deng MSFT for privacy ***> 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi HaleJay,

Based on your description, if you own the Office 365 for business subscription, you can migrate your ISP IMAP account to Office 365 and then Office 365 Online Exchange account can sync your calendar across devices.

You may read this article firstly and comprehend what’s a migration.

To migrate you IMAP mailbox to Office 365, you may achieve this using PowerShell or in the Microsoft Office 365 admin center.

1.  To Use PowerShell to perform an IMAP migration to Office 365, please refer to this article.

2.  To finish IMAP migration in Microsoft Office 365 admin center, you may refer to this article.

Moreover, if you’re a not a business subscriber, you take other business plans into consideration. For your reference:

https://products.office.com/en/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?tab=2

https://products.office.com/en/exchange/compare-microsoft-exchange-online-plans

Feel free to contact me if you need further help on this question. I’ll be glad to offer help.

Sincerely,

Shawn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi HaleJay,

Do you still need assistance? If yes, feel free to post back when you're free.

Regards,

Shawn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 3, 2023 Views 5,773 Applies to: