Office 365 Calendar Sync with Android

Split from this thread.

I have the same issue, I have Office 365 E3 (global) license in China, we are using MFA, my Outlook cannot sync calendar to my Andriod calendar, so I always miss the notifications. My mobile phone is VIVO NEX.

And are you using an Exchnage mail account?

You have installed the outlook app from the Play store?

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, we have the Exchange mail account, and I have the outlook app, it works but I need to login it again after some days because we are using MFA for Office 365, and it's always mute for calendar.

I'd like use the native mail and calendar app in my phone because they are easy to use and have multiple notification ways, but I cannot add my Office365 account to them. I don't get the option to create an app password because I don't have MFA in azure AD. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jacky Lee,

I'd like to confirm firstly that whether you're using Outlook for Android or the Vivo system calendar.

If you’re using Outlook for Android, let us first make sure that we have set up Office 365 account functionally. Please first change to calendar view, then click " ", make sure that you have select your calendar check-box. Then click Settings > Accounts, click your Office 365 account, since you were encountering sync issue, you can first try to use "RESET ACCOUNT" feature to see if it works, it will automatically reset your account and restart your Outlook. If it doesn't work, please try to DELETE ACCOUNT in settings and re-add your account to see if it helps.

At the same time, we can create a new event in Outlook for Android to see if it can be synced to Office 365 calendar to check this feature.

If you referred to calendar in your Vivo system, try to re-add your account to see if it helps. You can click Settings > Calendar > Calendar Accounts > Exchange to re-add your O365 account.

Thanks for your patience and kind understanding.

Regards,

Shawn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jacky Lee,

As far as I know, only after your admin has turned on MFA for your organization, then you will be required to generate an app password when you're using an app connects to your O365. Since you have been required to create an app password to login in and connect, your admin may have turned on MFA feature recently.

I suggest you to create an app password first, and then add your O365 account in the calendar of your Android device. You can just follow these steps to create it directly for your O365 account:

1) Sign into O655 and go to My account page;

2) Choose Security & Privacy > Additional security verification. Notice: If you cannot see this option, it means that your admin hasn't setup MFA;

3) Choose Update my phone numbers used for account security > App Password;

4) Choose Create to get an app password; If prompted, type a name for your app password, and click Next;

5) Choose copy password to clipboard. You won't need to memorize this password;

6) Go to the app that you want to connect to your Office 365 account. When prompted to enter a password, paste the app password in the box.

Regards,

Shawn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jacky,

I'd like to know if you still need further assistance. If so, kindly let me know.

Sincerely

Shawn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 3, 2023 Views 1,633 Applies to: