Not receiving emails after storage issues

I wasn’t receiving emails/could not send emails. After looking at my storage I saw that it was full on my one drive (email storage was fine) I deleted a lot of messages and finally got my storage within the correct limit. However, I’m still not receiving emails. It says it is downloading them but they never appear. I have also sent myself emails and they have not appeared either. I deleted the mail app on my phone and reinstalled. I have tried on my computer. Still nothing

Hello Sasha! My name is Mustafa, I will be assisting you today

Note: This is a user-to-user support forum and I am a fellow user who doesn't work for Microsoft.

I would recommend you check how much storage you have through this link: https://outlook.office.com/mail/options/general...

Once you have enough empty storage space give the system some time to process your storage information. Maybe 24-48 hours and you should start receiving emails.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Warm Regards,
Mustafa
Mustafa Ehsani

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is outrageous! I have a flight tomorrow and need urgent access to my mailbox asap and even after paying (which i did), I understand from this thread that I’i won’t get my messages before 2 days so I’m screwed. Will Microsoft pay for my flight if I miss it? Definitely switching to Google 👋

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem! Storage is not full. Until I read robin_75 I did not know I still needed to wait 2 days. Frustrating!!!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems like they intentionally scaled back some people email storage without any notice.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've literally just had the same issue. All of a sudden I've hit a limit and now can't get any emails come through. I've upgraded my storage so I'm going to wait 2 days to see if they start coming through. Bloody nightmare.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I’m experiencing the same problem. Just found an article on their website advising as of February they were changing how storage works. The issue isn’t my email it’s data stored across other Microsoft apps like OneDrive, etc.

Unfortunate this is impacting email which has 14 out of 15gb available for use.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Because of this issue i lost my spot for a university masters. Because for some god forsaken reason if my onedrive is full i cannot recieve mail. And when i cleared up space. I do not get the mails that were sent to me in the period when the storage was full. Even tough it was just 1 day. This is by far the worst email provider and i reccomend everyone to switch to gmail.

what will i do for a year now, stock shelves? This issue has literally ruined an entire year of my life

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ditto! I'm absolutely fuming as unemployed & haven't been able to send/receive emails due to storage full message despite having had this issue before so I paid the upgrade some time ago which it confirms I have yet storage not recognising it!!! I could miss out on applying for jobs or hearing back! Is there a way of opting out of this diabolical change as it's making me ill with stress over & over! Good to see I'm not the only one & I feel for all of you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Emma- when this happened to me I did all kinds of e-mail clean up still nothing. I ended up realizing all my photos stopped on my laptop were backed up to OneDrive which was impacting my storage capacity. Once I removed everything from there my emails started up again. Unfortunately all missed emails were not recovered in addition some sites stopped sending me emails due to the kick outs.

Hope you’re able to resolve things in your end.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 6,093 Applies to: