Not receiving desktop notifications in 'New Outlook'

I have enabled desktop notifications in the New Outlook app. But once I close the app, I don't receive notifications from the app. I have also enabled desktop notifications in the windows settings too. When I open the app, I get notifications of new emails being sent but once I close the app, I don't receive notifications anymore. It is extremely annoying and I have faced this same issue on another device with the same 'New Outlook'. I have faced this for a long time.

I use a Surface Laptop Go with 8GB RAM and 
a 10th gen Intel Core i5 with 256 GB storage.  
This laptop runs Windows 11 Pro.It was upgarded for Windows 10 Pro recently. 
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello RaihanKR! Hello! My name is David, and I am an Independent Advisor. i am happy to assist you today.

I wish to confirm if you have followed the guide in the article below: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn....

You can follow the guide in the link below:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

Do not hesitate to send a message if you need further assistance
Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello David! I have checked these sites but my issues are not on Outlook for Micrsooft 365 or the other versions. They are on the Outlook For Windows (Outlook Preview) I can provide my Outlook Version number.

Microsoft Outlook Version :1.2023.418.200 (Production)

Client Version: 20230519010.06

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response RaihanKR.

Enabling Desktop Notifications
1. Go to Outlook.com and click the Settings (gear) icon on the top right corner.

2. Click View all outlook Settings, go to General > Notifications and enable Send me desktop notifications.

3. In Desktop notifications, you can choose either or both For Messages and For Events.

4. You should see below pop-up if the permissions are not already enabled for this website on this browser before. Choose Allow and you should start receiving the notifications.

5. Post enabling there will be a success notification under the system tray as shown below.

Get full guide below;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/owa-...

Regards

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had turned these on before aswell but its not showing notifications even after enabling desktop notifications.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response RaihanKR.
you can review the article below to troubleshoot message preview not showing on windows
https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-outlook-notif...
Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website, the page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. watch out for ads on the site that may advertize products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially unwanted product). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know the outcome
Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have pretty much the same problem, except it doesn't even matter if the app is open, I just don't get desktop notifications at all. I've tried to follow all the above steps, though the majority of them only apply to the "old" Outlook, not the new Outlook for Windows (Preview).

I'm at a loss here, I really want to give this app a try, but without email notifications, it's a no-go.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there any update on this issue? I am trying the "New Outlook" and do receive notifications for emails (when the app is open), but not for upcoming events. I've missed more than one meeting because I'm accustomed to receiving the reminders that I set up on my desktop. I'd like these to appear even with the app closed ideally, but currently I don't receive event reminders at all.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I abandoned the new Outlook preview in favor of my previous primary email app (eM Client). I could not find anything to help me resolve my issue, all help articles are for the "old" Outlook and thus useless. Maybe I'll try it again when this is out in stable release with proper support.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I abandoned the new Outlook preview in favor of my previous primary email app (eM Client). I could not find anything to help me resolve my issue, all help articles are for the "old" Outlook and thus useless. Maybe I'll try it again when this is out in stable release with proper support.

I uninstalled the Outlook PRE app until they fix this, if they ever do.

The current Mail app runs at boot, so I receive my email notifications as soon as they arrive. The Outlook PRE app has to be run manually and minimized for it to continue to send notifications, which is annoying.

Also, the current Mail app still runs in the background to give you notifications if you close the window, whereas the Outlook PRE app closes entirely if you close its window.

I've been notified by Microsoft support that because the Outlook app is still in beta, not all functions are available yet, but the fact that they are already asking you to replace your existing Mail app with this Outlook PRE app those autorun behaviours should already be implemented.

Following on from what Andre_Engelbrecht_85 said, it's a deal-breaker for me also.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have 2 end users who experienced this same issue. The only workaround I've found to be successful here is to go to: Control Panel > Mail (Microsoft Outlook) > Show Profiles.

From that point i created a new profile for the end users.

Restart the PC (Not sure if this part was required, but its a natural habit of IT)

Now the end users can receive notifications of emails along with the counter in the bottom right corner of screen.\

make sure to set new profile to the main one via the Mail (Microsoft Outlook)

Ivan Mac.
@2023 and beyond!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 24,881 Applies to: