my outlook email suddenly looks strange and not working correctly

For the past couple of days I cannot access my hotmail/now outlook account using my IMAC.  The page appears after I sign in and hit the security questions page, but then the inbox page appears with a strange format and I cannot open my emails.  This happened awhile back with my hotmail account and I was able to fix it but I cannot access th same fix it method now.

Hi,

It is possible that it might be your browser that is causing the issue. Does the issue happen when using a different browser? To make sure that the browser is not causing the issue, please click here for detailed steps on how to optimize your browser. Please make sure that the browser you are using is up to date. To download the latest version of your browser. You can refer to this link.

As a workaround try to turn on HTTPS settings by following the steps below:

1. Sign in through this link: https://account.live.com/ManageSSL
2. Choose Use HTTPS automatically (please see the note above)
3. Click on Save.

Or

Change the URL in the address bar of your browser to
https://. They just need to add the ‘s’ onto the http and leave the rest of the URL as is. Press Enter to follow the updated URL.

Note: If you're Outlook.com HTTPS is already turned on by default so you don’t need to turn this feature on.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I opted for the automatic update from hotmail to outlook but rue the decision...the screen does not look as it should and is practically useless. It appears like the page only partially loads but never completely finishes loading. I've tried logging in via an other browser (Firefox) but that did not help. I've logged in via someone else's PC but that did not help - same useless screen. I've tried logging out and back in but the same handicapped GUI appears (icons don' t load, text is all times new roman, scrollbar on the right missing to name a few). I've deleted my cookies and history but that did not help either.

I've had my hotmail account for over 10 years. This is the first time I have ever encountered such a problem.

To illustrate I had hoped to be able to attach a simple screen shot but can't for some reason. That is second feedback tip for Microsoft

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Boomeranger,

If it's okay with you, can you please provide us the screenshot of your issue to the private message I've created to facilitate our actions and provide you proper resolution.

In order to get a screenshot, follow the link provided below:

· For Vista/Windows 7: Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

· For XP: Take a screen shot

· Mac Computers: Kindly refer to your computer’s help directory

Here also are the steps to upload the screenshot:

1. On the private message of the moderator's post, click Upload a File.
2. Click Select.
3. Navigate to where the file you want to upload is saved on your computer and click Submit.

Please sign-in to this website in order to see the Private Data area where you can attach the screenshot. We also need you to reply back to this post if you already provided the information on the private data area. Surely, this will help facilitate our actions regarding your issue.

We recommend that you keep your web browser up to date to get the most out of Hotmail. If you’re not using an updated browser, some parts of Hotmail might not work and it might not display properly. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To get started, choose one of the browsers below:

· Internet Explorer

· Google Chrome

· Firefox

· Safari

If the issue persists, don't hesitate to reply.

Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also am having problems when signing up to my email. It seems to only half load, which is totally useless. I've updated firefox, not sure what else to do....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jan101YD,

Thank you for participating in the forum. Let us help you on the issue.

I understand that you're having trouble viewing the email page. It's possible that the cause is the browser you're using. Have you tried using another web browser or computer to isolate the issue?

If the issue persists on a different web browser, please sign in to Microsoft Community to view the private message area and send us a screenshot of the page that you see on your end.

Let us know what you'll find.

Regards,
Rhyan O.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2023 Views 9,914 Applies to: