My @hotmail email account does not send or receive any emails in any folder (incl. junk)

I have two Outlook email accounts (one outlook and one hotmail) but my hotmail account does not send or receive any email on any folder (focused, junk etc.). Meanwhile my outlook email account works perfectly.

- I have checked my storage,

- changed my password twice,

- checked on phone and different browsers and nothing.

But very randomly I just switched the "new outlook" feature on my outlook desktop app and I did receive an email from the outlook team confirming the switch. I just cannot find what the problem is to get all my emails. Please help as this is my main email address!

|

Hi  Mitra M.,

Thanks for writing us here in Microsoft Community.

We just receive some good news from our Outlook.com team confirming that this issue has been mitigated. Can you please confirm if your emails are now coming through as well?

We'll wait for your confirmation.

Sincerely,

Froilance T.

Microsoft Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Froilance!

Thanks a lot!

Yes it’s starting to come back.

By any chance do you know if the emails that were sent to me during the period where my email was not working will eventually come or are they lost forever?

Thanks again for your help!!!

Mitra

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mitra M.,

Thanks for writing us back. It's nice to hear that the issue has now been resolved on your end.

I understand that you are concerned about the emails you should be receiving. During server downtime, all incoming emails from the sender's side will also receive a bounce-back or undelivered message. This means that the emails didn't actually arrive in your mailbox at all. If you still need those emails, you'll need to ask senders to resend them.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or clarifications and I will be happy to answer them in my next reply.

If you want to help other customers who are seeking help with related issues, you can highlight the answer you found most helpful by clicking "Yes" at the bottom of the post. This will ensure that the helpful answers are the most visible when you search (and you can vote more than once if the solution is spread across multiple posts).

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincere

Froilance T.

Microsoft Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Froilance!

I am not entirely sure that people who sent me an email during the downtime received a bounce back or undelivered message, as my partner and I were sending emails to my hotmail account to test it and we did not receive any message.

(But happy to confirn that messages are now coming in normaly).

Best,

Mitra

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"you'll need to ask senders to resend them". Not great advice if there is no way of knowing who the senders were.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 33 Applies to: