My deleted emails in Outlook.com keep coming back in my inbox

I can't delete my emails, they are moved to the trash, but as soon as I refresh my page they are back in my inbox. Anyone having this issue? I have a connected account in IMAP.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, Alexanne.

I'm Jen, an Independent Advisor and an Outlook user just like you. I don't work for Microsoft but I'm always willing to give any help that I can.

Its possible that your storage is full. Have you tried going to the Deleted items folder? Try sorting the items by size, highlight and delete them 10 at a time by clicking the Delete button.

Hope it goes well.

Best regards,
JC

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having same issue on outlook.com pc/web browser interface.  The problem seem to be with Sync'd accounts both Gmail.com and oultook.com.  Two hotmail.com accounts are not having this problem on same interface.

no matter how many times I delete the message, it keeps popping back up again.  Started as of 10/31. 

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. Deleted or moved emails keep getting sent again. I have to log into my email server and delete the emails in there. It's apparent something in Microsoft Office changed over the weekend. I show my Microsoft Office updated on Nov 1st. I've talked to my IT department and our email server company but no one has an answer. 

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't delete my emails, they are moved to the trash, but as soon as I refresh my page they are back in my inbox. Anyone having this issue? I have a connected account in IMAP.

This happened to me also, but on November 4, 2020.   Attempted to sync my emails onto my mobile device, got error message, that 2 of my file names had "/" which was an error.   I edited both File Folder Names, but continue to get repeat/duplicate emails.

I want to be clear, I only have "1" email, from Microsoft, reference the "Error Message" that keeps re-appearing, nothing else, re-appears once it's deleted, from either of my accounts.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Using outlook from office 365 my deleted emails return to my inbox.  Using outlook on iPhone via Chrome, iPad via Chrome Laptop via Chrome and desktop via Chrome.  deleted item return to my inbox.  This issue started on 10/31/2020.  I never had an issue prior.  I could delete from one device and they would be removed from all.  I have three email account attached to Outlook  YAHOO, GMAIL, CENTURYLINK.  No matter what I try nothing will work.  Deleted, then deleted from deleted and still return  Looked at all email accounts in Outlook and they all are good.  In  Chrome sync is turned on with all devices across platforms.

Any and all help are greatly appreciated !!!

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in the same boat.  Just started last night - Nov 5th. 

It seems to be happening with all my email accounts linked to outlook live.  The only exception seems to be my one and only iCloud.com email I had to set up in order to have an Apple account for my iPhone.  However, I receive virtually no email there so, I haven't deleted anything for months.

I have outlook 365 as a client on my desktop (and on my phone) using the outlook live account as a server to feed it.  I have my desktops and my iPhone syncing this way.

Even when I log directly into the outlook live account in a browser, the emails I delete there keep returning there and then, on my devices.

It's really frustrating due to the amount of advertisements and spam I receive.

What the heck is going on?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same issue.  I use Outlook app on mobile device - but read/Deleted status changed does NOT affect Outlook or my linked gmail account (ie, it SHOULD be syncing delete actions back to Gmail but it's not).

This feels like a 20 year old problem with POP mailboxes - c'mon team.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

same issue, started 5/11 driving me nuts, if I delete an email, mark as read, move to junk any attempt to stop it showing as new email, dosnt work, reappears ten mins later

Ive now noticed alot of threads since I posted saying same, I just use "hotmail adress" in my web browser on mac

and outlook is connected on my iphone its a very old email I have always used

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. No matter if I delete the messages on the iPhone, on PC (Outlook) or directly in the web interface (Outlook 365), after some seconds the message is back. 

Very annoying. Please fix this, MS team!!!

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem.  I have deleted to bin or trash and then permanently deleted but 5 mins later they're back.  I'm using chrome to go to outlook on line to retrieve.   This all started yesterday and its doing my head in now, please someone help

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 39,213 Applies to: