Multiple Email Accounts SetUp By Someone Other Than Us

Hello,

I work for a company that has recently cut ties with out website management company. As I'm going through the backhand side of our website I see user email addresses that look exactly like ours as far as the domain goes but the email (for example) admin@zapier_(our company email).

Our IT guys say that those are not tied to our Microsoft 365 and therefore we would not have access to it. My question is how is it possible for someone to do that seeing as how our company name is already used? Also, any idea on how we can gain access to these email accounts that use our business name but were not created by us?

Thank you!

|

Hi Office,

Good day.

Thank you for connecting with us on Microsoft community.

According to your description, your case is little sensitive, I have consulted your case description with my team members, I would like to share more specific information with you.

Your current scenario should be diagnosed by Microsoft's specific support team according to their backend resource and permissions. 

They will collect some specific logs information from Office 365 global admin person which contents sensitive information. Microsoft's Frontline technical support engineer can also involve specific support team for further analysis some particular situation if it is required.

Since we forum moderators do not have any authority and permission to collect such kind of sensitive information on this public forum, due to this reason we are unable to collect certain detailed information in the public forum to protect data of users. For this, certain standard process is required.

For the above provided standard process information, in your organization, Office 365 global admin person may need to contact Office 365 support team on backend  via an open service request so they can diagnose this specific scenario through some more technical resources. They will provide further information based on their analysis.

For this standard process, here's the official document for the global admin reference: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn (Online Option).

Important note: If any organization's Office 365 Business/Business/Education subscription is from a syndicated partner or reseller, and if the global admin can't open the service request on their end, they may need to contact the reseller's support provider so they can help the global admin to open the service request on their end. after the Office 365 support team will involve in the created service request.

Your cooperation precious time is highly appreciated.

Sincerely

Vaidya Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 14 Applies to: