MSN email address stopped receiving/sending mail

My main email account is a @msn.com email address and it has stopped receiving mail since the 7th December 2021. I can no longer send an email either as I get an error saying “This message can’t be sent right now. Please try again later”.

I have tried both the Mail app on my iPhone and in the web browser and still can’t download any emails. I’ve used this email address for years. What’s going on?

Hi Hollie! This is Raech. I'm an Outlook.com user like you and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having.

There are several possible factors as to why you're not receiving your emails. Below is a list that you can check to ensure that your settings are optimized to receive all your emails accordingly.

1. Check your Junk folder for the missing emails.
2. Make sure your mailbox isn't full or close to its limit.
3. Check your Inbox filter and Sort settings.
4. If Focused Inbox is enabled, check your Other tab for the missing emails.
5. Check your Blocked senders and Safe senders list. (You can add domains from known senders in your Safe list)
6. Check your email rules.
7. Check to see if email Forwarding is enabled.
8. Check if your account is blocked.
9. Remove some connected accounts in excess of 20.
10.Contact the sender and inform them about the issue so they can also check on their end.

For specific instructions on the items listed above, kindly check the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/office/fix-outloo...

For the sending issue, could you please tell me if you are getting any specific bounce back error?

Disclaimer: This is a public user-to-user community forum. None of us here work for Microsoft and it is beyond our capability to assist directly with account or login-related issues.

Sincerely,
Raech C.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Raech, thank you for your reply. I have checked out all the points you mention and none of these have resolved my issue. The only one I’m not sure on is if my Mail box is full. I have tried deleting my junk Mail, deleted items and some of my inbox and I’m still not receiving any new emails so I’m not convinced it’s that.

I’m used to getting in excess of 10 emails a day, and all of a sudden not receiving anything from the 7th December. It’s all a bit strange.

For the sending issue, I’m not getting a bounce back message as I can’t even get as far as sending off the email. The error occurs when I try and press the send button.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Hollie. Do you get the same sending error on both your iPhone and on the web?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 10,926 Applies to: