Move emails from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook

I have recently purchased a new computer (Windows 10) and it has MS365 and Office installed. My old computer (Windows 7, which is still operating until I get this process finished) has Windows Live Mail installed. Is there a way I can move emails from WLM to Outlook so that I can keep time sensitive and critical communications? The tricky part is that I'm trying to get this from one computer onto another. Can I save the WLM emails in a folder and save on a thumb drive and then transfer them to Outlook on the new computer? Any ideas and suggestions to try will be appreciated.

|

Hi Barbara, Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you. Yes, there is a way you can move emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook on another computer. You need to export your emails from Windows Live Mail as Microsoft Exchange format, and then import them to Outlook using a thumb drive or a network connection. Here are the steps you can follow: On your old computer, open Windows Live Mail and click on File > Export email > Email messages. Choose Microsoft Exchange as the format and click Next. You will see a confirmation message. Click OK to proceed. Choose Outlook from the Profile Name drop-down menu and click OK. You will see a Select Folders dialog box. You can choose to export all folders or selected folders. Click OK when you are done. The export process will start and you will see a progress bar. Wait until it is completed and click Finish. The exported emails will be saved in a folder named Outlook under your Documents folder. You can copy this folder to a thumb drive or a network location. On your new computer, open Outlook and click on File > Open & Export > Import/Export. Choose Import from another program or file and click Next. Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next. Browse to the location where you copied the Outlook folder and select the Outlook.pst file. Click Next. Choose the folder where you want to import the emails. You can also select the option to Include subfolders. Click Finish. The import process will start and you will see a progress bar. Wait until it is completed and click OK. You will see your imported emails in Outlook under the folder you chose. I pulled these steps from this article https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/export-windows-live-mail-emails-to-outlook-on-another-computer/ Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install. I hope this information helps. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. Best Regards, Bambi

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2024 Views 217 Applies to: