Microsoft Outlook todo list (tasks) and microsoft to-do iphone recurrence issues

Hi all,

I use Microsoft Outlook desktop app on my laptop. I use the task/to-do list to keep track of items that are important for me to remember. Many of them occur every weekday so I have a recurrence set up for the reminder to happen every weekday.

I sync the tasks with my iphone using microsoft to-do app. I don't use it much as most of my work is laptop based but it's nice to have things show up there too.

I find that since i've started to do that, some of my recurrences happen to get messed up. For example i have a reminder to "turn on daylight" every weekday at 8am.

Today in my outlook tast/to-do list, I noted that item is "scheduled" for Saturday at 8am.....it should not occur on a Saturday as that is not a weekday.

Any suggestions on set up that might solve this?

Thanks!

Dave

Answer
Answer

Hi DavidDurbin007,

Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, I know your requirement. I’m so sorry to hear that you meet such a problem. And I did a test for you. First, I add a task with Microsoft Todo on my computer and recurring them on workdays.

Then I download Microsoft Todo App on my phone and then find that the setting right. So you can click Task on your phone and click the task you make and see whether the time setting is right on your phone.

Then I click planned and change the day setting to see that there was no task today.

And you said that you noted the item is scheduled for Saturday, do you mean that My Day, you will see the Tasks in the following weeks?

If so, it is a normal setting. And if it is not the case, please be kindly to check the time you setted on your computer and check no your phone ad I said before. And compare whether they are the same. And check whether Microsoft Todo on your computer got this ‘scheduled’ the same as your phone. Meanwhile, please pay attention that your phone and your computer should be in the same time zone.

If not, please try to delete the recurring tasks and set it again. Meanwhile, delete your Todo apps on your phone and install again. After re-setting the tasks, log in Todo on your phone and check the result.

If the problem persists, please provide me some screenshots about how you add tasks and the wrong page of the Microsoft Todo on your phone. I will continue to help you with the information you provided. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Katherine

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 329 Applies to: