Microsoft IP scrapping newsletter links sent to clients via newsletter with extensions like /b3V0LW9mLX to each link.

Hi Everyone, 

We are a very small business, we have recently noticed that when we send out newsletters to our clients, we get Microsoft IPs starting with 40.94.... visiting our website and scrapping the links that were included in our newsletter, I am not a very technical person but have noticed that we have lower than usual clicks on the pages promoted since this started happening. Also our clients are companies and not consumers so the newsletters always go our clients company emails. Also 2-3 days later we start receiving additional visits from the previous newsletters. Some of the Microsoft IPs doing this are as follows : 40.107.221.55 - 40.94.247.39 - 40.107.240.6 - 40.94.31.76 --- Our newsletters are all text scientific data going to clients who have been receiving it almost 10 years now. We use constant contact , mailchimp to send out our newsletters. I am not technical so dont know if we are being blocked and if so then why? and what would be a solution to this problem? Our website is secured SSL and everything. Any suggestions or help  will be MUCH appreciated! or if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank You. 

|
Hi MRozb,
That is most likely the safelinks feature in Office365 (and outlook.com) mailboxes. It checks the links to see if they are point are valid or malware. I'll check the logs for my newsletter to see if they get that behavior too.
Diane Poremsky [Outlook MVP]
Outlook Resources: https://www.slipstick.com
https://www.outlook-tips.net

** I don't work for Microsoft.**
** DO NOT CALL phone numbers received in email notifications.**

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi MRozb,
That is most likely the safelinks feature in Office365 (and outlook.com) mailboxes. It checks the links to see if they are point are valid or malware. I'll check the logs for my newsletter to see if they get that behavior too.
Thank you for the information Diane! So if they check and we have made sure that our website is secure and we do not have any malware and the website is and every page is very direct with its content , then why when we get those Microsoft IPS then our sales and and the actual number of clicks go down? They usually come flooding 20-30 times each time a newsletter is sent. thank you very much for the help!!! 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2021 Views 329 Applies to: