microsoft apps & services would like to read compose send and permanently delete all your email from gmail

i am getting prompted to enter my email address and Gmail password and getting a send/receive error in Outlook.

After accepting my password, I get the following:

microsoft apps & services would like to read compose send and permanently delete all your email from gmail.

Is this legit or a virus? Don't understand why it needs permission to permanently delete, etc.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Erika

This is legit, whether you want to agree to doing that is your decision . . .

Basically Windows has seen that you use Gmail and wants to take over as your Mail Client, if you use Gmail is a web browser, or form the Outlook Application, then you have no need to allow that . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for responding so quickly. I am running Gmail through Outlook 2016 and have successfully done so for years. Based on your response, I shouldnt have to accept these permissions. But when I click "deny" I get the send/receive error.

All of a sudden it's as though they are not speaking to each other correctly (I have double checked all server settings and all looks good) and I am getting this "sign in with your google account" message. Any ideas what triggered this?

Should I uninstall Gmail and start over?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is new as of this week. It used to only happen initially when you add your gmail account to the Outlook client, but now it happens every single time an item tries to send/receive. Accepting it (or denying it) doesn't stick. I've tried "less secure" access turned off and on in gmail, I've tried MFA, and I've tried phone unlock methods, and I've removed and readded the account. Nothing fixes it- the prompt just keeps on promptin'.

NOTE:
This is only happening for one of my gmail accounts- not the others.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Weird that it's not happening on all of your accounts. It started 5/10-5/11. I haven't seen the message when simply trying to send/receive.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Never has this issue until an office update on 20.05.2019 .......... now it asks for password every time too

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great call- I can't believe I didn't even consider updates. I'm ashamed of myself. Any idea on the KB#? I'm going back to that date and uninstalling everything as soon as I have the chance. I'll report back if I find anything useful...

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is just sounding like a in-your-face we are going to have access to your mail, your contacts and use this to keep track of you and your activities'... load of crap. Is this in retaliation to Google's recent new version of Gmail that is reported to compete with Microsoft's O365 email... I read that Gmail is out to do one better than Microsoft.

What I found especially intriguing  (as I too am prompted every time I send/receive or open Outlook 2016)... was the part about deleting all of your email from Gmail...

I will try and remove all Office updates form the last week, or MS updates as well.

If that doesn't fix it - I will just remove the Gmail account from Outlook - I am not giving Microsoft or any other entity that is playing God out there to access or touch anything of mine in Email.

Check this out:

https://support.microsoft.com/fi-fi/help/4132681/what-microsoft-apps-and-services-is-and-how-it-enables-connection-to-y

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI mainadungo!

I have the same issue, I would like to ask how do you delete the last update of your outlook?

Anyone else has found the solution other than clicking 'allow' the permission to Google?

Thank you!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this problem too: I just called MS 365 and they said it's ok to accept. What it means is that i give it permission to delete an email on Gmail BUT ONLY IF i have deleted in MSOutlook. So fingers crossed. Not well worded.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This started happening to me as well.  Even removing and then re-adding the account manually via "Mail" in Control Panel sees this behavior.

I never asked for Microsoft/Gmail integration.   I just want IMAP access like I've always had. 

I don't even like the idea of Outlook (or any mail client) interfering with my IMAP account set up or offering me alternative methods.  It shouldn't be 'snooping' on my account set up and trying to push me another way.

My solution was to stop using gmail in Outlook and move to Thunderbird.  Slight change, but at least I don't have to give Mozilla full rights to my google mailboxes.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2021 Views 28,583 Applies to: