Microsoft Account Verification Form

Hi experts!

My wife and I have managed to get her account blocked, and have failed to provide sufficient information to the 'Automated Verification' process several times now, and now even that process has been blocked for 24 hours.

So, I'd prefer to NOT invoke whatever nightmare the next level of security may entail, and am trying to find and compile a thorough and detailed pile of 'verification data' as is possible . . . but, I failed to grab a screenshot of the Verification Form itself and don't remember all the possible data sources or information points it was asking for.

Does anyone know what all can be submitted on that form, so I can see if I have matching data (somewhere, I hope) for my wife's account?

Thanks!

John

Hi John,

For us to better understand the issue, allow us to ask a few more information.

• Are you trying to recover the Outlook.com account of your wife?
  • Has your wife enabled the 2-step verification on her Outlook.com account profile?
  • Did you try to recover it through this link: https://account.live.com/acsr?

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Liezl,

1) Yes - we're not sure if she actually got hacked, or if perhaps she was trying to complete the 2-step setup, and entered something wrong (probably more than once)

2) To the best of her recollection, no - she has NOT enabled the 2-Step verification (we did do the verification process within the 'account recovery' several times, but I think you are asking about the 'Security Settings' setup, and she believes this has NOT been done, nor can we do it now - as the first step is to log into her Microsoft account . . . which is Blocked.).

3) Yes - that's precisely the form & process we have followed, 5 times now.  Our last, most recent attempt appeared to initially be accepted by the automated process, we actually got a ticket number . . . about 15 minutes later, it came back again with 'unable to verify ownership with information provided'.

Thanks!

John

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After putting a different email address in that form, did you receive the security code on the email that you have provided? Did you input the security code in the Verify field and got to the next step like the one below?

If so, what error message did you get? Can you send us a screenshot of the page? Kindly remove any personally identifiable information before sending it to us.

We will wait for it.

Regards.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Liezl,

Yes - we received the security code via a different email account, accessed the form below and completed that form five (5) times now.

The next form is where it asks for 'validation information', like:  Email addresses you have sent messages to, Subject lines for Emails you have sent from your account, Microsoft purchases made via that account, Skype name and contacts, etc.  -- so, we've been through this cycle several times, and each ends 'back at the beginning', with an "Unmonitored Automated Email" message that says:

"We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership of this account using the information you provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of your personal information very seriously, and we are committed to protecting the personal information of customers. We have taken the additional step of blocking your account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** until we can verify you as the account owner. This will prevent any further use of the account, and protect you from any possible malicious activity.

Please submit a new account verification form

At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather. The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. We’ve included a few tips below to help you fill out the form as completely as possible. "

We don't actually get an error or error code - just the 'try again' message above.  After three submissions, the form refused us access for 24 hours (a good security feature), and we have not tried five times.

I don't have any 'additional' or 'new' validation I can plug into the form . . .  other than maybe trying different email recipients and subjects (that field is restricted to four entries, but we have dozens of recipients and subjects lines we could enter, four-at-a-time).

And, I'm still a bit concerned about some security aspect I am not aware of which may 'engage' when we submit a sixth time.  (and - this is why I've not given you a screenshot here . . . I'm frankly a little afraid of trying the submission again!)

(maybe I'm more of a crusty, old guy than I thought - I'm pretty impressed with a 'programmatic validation', and I'd guess it works most of the time, but . . . it sure seems to be in a closed loop of some sort with us, and could do with a little 'human intervention', or at least I think so anyway!).

Thanks again for taking time to help us through this!

R/

John

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When filling up the form, there must have been an incorrect information that was provided hence it was not accepted.

Does she still know the answer to the security question? If she does, she can also request for a password reset through this link: https://account.live.com/password/reset

You can also click on this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12401 to get help via email.

We're here for any feedback.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 6,697 Applies to: