Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity

I've been getting this message via my hotmail.com (now outlook.com) email address several times a day for the last week. I've shared the email below. I believe this to be a legitimate notification from MS as there is a corresponding alert in my login history at account.live.com. This is related to email since it's calling out the POP3 protocol. I initially thought that there might be something wrong with Google as I use Gmail to check my hotmail.com account via POP3 via Gmail configuration. However, that is working fine and appears differently in my login page.

The question I have is that the "unusual activity" appears to be coming from Microsoft. According to ipinfo, 13.101.184.118 is a MS domain in Redmond, WA. Has anyone seen this behavior? How to resolve?

Thanks!

Hello Troy

Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today.

Many people have reported this. Can't explain why this is occurring other then I suspect that it is related to some service related issue where Microsoft is using different servers for some reason. What can be said with absolutely certainty is that you have nothing to worry about.

If you re concerned, you can contact Outlook.com support

To contact Outlook.com support, log into your Outlook.com account and click on the ? (top right)

#1 - Enter your question
#2 - When the results are returned, scroll down to the end of the returned results and click on <Yes> under the question "Still need help?"
#3 - Proceed accordingly

Just so there is no misunderstanding, this is a public user-to-user support forum. We're users just like you helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and have no access to any user account so there is nothing we can do or check from within the forum.

Karl

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Had the same issue with "IMAP", when fetching my mails with thunderbird I have my IPv6 address appearing into "recent activity", and at the same moment with the same protocol IMAP, another IPv4 address "13.101.106.7" which is not mine, but is shown by "whois" as a Microsoft related IP address.

I also had the "microsoft account unusual sign in activity" mail because of that.

Thanks for the question and the answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2023 Views 910 Applies to: