Making Microsoft Exchange emails work after redirecting the domain to Hostinger.

Hi,

I recently purchased hostinger hosting for my client. Previously he was using Azure Portal. The domain is on GoDaddy.com. My client is running Microsoft Exchange for emails. When I transferred the domain to hostinger, the email delivery stopped working.

How can I transfer the domain to hostinger, without affecting the Microsoft Exchange emails?

|

Dear Farhan Zafar1,

Good day.

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We've received your query, and you can expect to receive response from one of our community moderators accordingly.

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you.

Sincerely
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Farhan Zafar1,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

To ensure that your client's Microsoft Exchange emails continue to work after redirecting the domain to Hostinger, you will need to update the DNS records for the domain.

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account and go to the DNS management page for the domain.

2. Locate the MX record for the domain and take note of the current settings.

3. Log in to your Hostinger account and go to the DNS management page for the domain.

4. Create a new MX record with the same settings as the one you noted in step 2.

5. Save the changes and wait for the DNS propagation to complete.

Once the DNS propagation is complete, your client's Microsoft Exchange emails should start working again. If you encounter any issues, you can contact Hostinger's customer support for further assistance.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. Please understand that our initial response may not always resolve the issue right away. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

In my case, the Nameservers are from Cloudflare.com i.e. *****.ns.cloudflare.com and *****.ns.cloudflare.com. However, I lost access to the Cloudflare account and just want to remove Cloudflare from the middle now. Hostinger offers its own CDN so it's now useless for me to use Cloudflare due to these two reasons.

I just want to have a domain from GoDaddy to be connected to the Hostinger server. And want all the Microsoft Exchange emails to work as is without changing anything on the user level.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks

Farhan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 46 Applies to: