Is it possible to sync my outlook calendar to my google calendar? If so, how do I do this?

I do not want to just export my current outlook calendar events. I want an accurate and current version of my outlook calendar to be viewable in my google calendar.

All the tutorials I have tried only allow exporting. Once I make changes in my outlook calendar, they do not sync when viewed my google calendar.

Wanting to know if there is even a way to do this as I have spent a lot of time trying and failing.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Terra, Greetings for the day. I’m an Independent Advisor and Microsoft user like you. Thanks for posting the query here at this forum. When you export your Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, you’re exporting a snapshot of the calendar. Any changes you make to your Outlook calendar won’t automatically be reflected in Google Calendar. Step 1: Export 1. In Outlook, open the Calendar, and select the calendar you want to export. 2. Click File > Save Calendar. 3. Use the default name or type a name for the iCalendar file in the File name box. 4. Click More Options. 5. Click the Date Range arrow, and choose the amount of calendar data you want to include in the iCalendar file or click Specify dates to enter a custom date range. 6. Click the Detail arrow and, choose the amount of detail you want to show. 7. Click OK, and then click Save. Step 2: Import the calendar into Google Calendar 1. Log onto your Google Calendar account. 2. At the top of the page, click the Settings wheel > Settings. 3. Along the left side of the screen, select Import & export. 4. Click Select file from your computer. 5. Pick the file that you created when you exported your calendar from Outlook, and then click Open. 6. If you have multiple Google calendars, use the Add to calendar drop-down box to pick the calendar you want to receive your imported items, and then click Import. 7. Click the back arrow at the top, left corner of the screen to return to your calendar. Please find the details over here - https://support.microsoft.com/office/662fa3bb-0794-4b18-add8-9968b665f4e6 Hope this information would be useful to you. Please feel free to get back if you need any additional info. Thank you! Ravikumar Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Technology works best when it brings people together.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I do not need to export a snapshot of my calendar.

I need to sync my outlook calendar so I can see changes in google calendar. Is there an mechanism to do this?

335 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

crickets....

85 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I swore this used to work before. Was able to sync my office outlook calendar to google then it stopped working. Must be company policy.

Follow this steps:

134 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks JasperBaniqued , that worked for me!!

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been using an Outlook (desktop) plug-in called gSyncit to accomplish a bi-directional Outlook <==> Gmail calendar sync. The plug-in is created/supported/sold by Fieldston Software and costs $20.

It can sync a lot of other data besides Google Calendar with Outlook (I also sync Outlook and Google contacts). I've been using the product for about 5 years and it gets the job done. Their product support people are knowledgeable, responsive, and US-based. A new version is released every couple of years, usually to accommodate new protocols required by Google.

I've looked for other (and free) ways to do this, and haven't found anything better than gSyncit.

Good luck,

Michael

45 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Terra NE-

Amazing how the Microsoft representative Ravikumar totally ignored the question you were asking. Instead he chose to answer the question that you specifically said you were NOT asking. I'm beginning to root for AI to replace humans.

-M

305 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Independent advisors do not work for Microsoft. They can be here once to answer questions... revisit the site in a few days/weeks/years or never come back at all.

I use Outlook app for Android to sync outlook calendar content to my Google calendar.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From my android this worked for me.

Make sure you have both Google calendar and the Microsoft outlook app installed.

1. Open the outlook app, tap the inbox icon (top left for me)

2. Click the settings gear (bottom left)

3. Under mail accounts, tap on the one you want to sync.

4. Turn on the "sync calendars" option, allow access to your calendar if needed.

5. Check your Google calendar app to confirm outlook calendar items are there.

104 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is why so much of Microsoft sucks.

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 1, 2024 Views 120,439 Applies to: