Invalid Email Format

Email addresses are being modified either by Outlook 2010 or by my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 5.0). This problem happens on my old PC (Windows 7) and my new PC (Windows 10), both running Outlook 2010. 

Email as entered in Contact Card is:

E-mail…      *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Display as:    Bob Smith  (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

This email address works just fine. Until…

the contact information is somehow changed to the following.

E-mail…      "Bob Smith" <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

Display as:    Bob Smith  ("Bob Smith" <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>)

Once this change occurs, the email address is no longer valid and I receive the error message below. 

This modified email format does not show up in my Android contacts and I can successfully send emails from my Android phone after the change occurs in the Outlook contact (i.e. change is not affecting Android contacts, only Outlook).

In order to send the email from Outlook, I must manually go into the contact and correct the email address. This has affected several email addresses regardless of the domain name.

Does anyone know what is causing this email contact information to change in Outlook 2010?

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

This issue may occur if there is a profile corruption.

Let us create new Outlook profile following the steps from the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Note: Ensure to turn off the email scanner from the security application for emails while creating new Outlook Profile.

To create an email account in the new Outlook profile, follow the steps from the section How to set up an email account in the above link.

Hope this information helps. Please post to us if you need any further information with Office.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I recently purchased a new computer which required I create a new profile to set up Outlook when I installed the software. This did not resolve the problem.

In addition, there are threads on this forum from as far back as 2011 that indicate this is an ongoing problem for many Outlook users. See below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/opeople-ocontacts/possible-solution-for-contacts-syncing-problem/2705acf5-201f-4495-a130-ccf3eb1c77ec?db=5

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-oapps/in-syncing-edited-contact-records-from-note3/453eaabc-3e00-4ea7-9073-3ca9e563afbe?page=2

No solution has been found that I can find.

Note that I can send an email without a problem from Outlook.com (using the same contact email address that is corrupted in Outlook on my PC). This all seems to point to Outlook PC software as the cause of this issue. 

Please help. This is causing significant issues with my accounts.

Thanks

Scott

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2023 Views 1,654 Applies to: