Images in the body of my emails are being sent as attachments. Outlook 2016.

I'll explain using an example. 
You're writing an email in outlook (I'm using 2016). You click the Insert tab, click in the body of the email, then click the "Picture" button. You choose and insert a photo. Your photo is now in the body of the email. You send the email.
The person receives the email. The email has the image in the body of the message, exactly where you wanted it. But the image is suddenly included as an attachment to the email as well. I do not want the image to be in the attachment section, only in the body of the email.

I would like to stop this from happening. I have tested sending emails to a gmail address and a godaddy address. It happened every time. Any suggestions? 

Thanks, Zack.

Hi Zack,

To investigate the issue, could you help to confirm the following information?

1. The version of the Outlook client. To check it, go to File -> Office Account.
  2. Check if the emails in your Sent Items folder also include the attachments.
  3. Send a test email with embedded image in the mail body to yourself and see if the issue occurs. If the email to yourself works properly, the issue may be related to recipients’ side.
  4. Do you use an Office 365 account? If yes, please check if the issue occurs when you send emails in OWA (Outlook Web App)?
  5. Have you deployed any 3rd party mail filtering services or Anti-virus software? If yes, please temporarily turn them off and see if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Chris

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Zack,

Is there any update?

Thanks,

Chris

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 1,819 Applies to: