iCloud addin for Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled iCloud but can't reinstall it as Win 10 says it's already installed but it's not

Another thread recommended Uninstaller Pro, which is not finding the app to uninstall.

Apple helpdesk sent me here as they ran out of ideas.

Win 10 laptop. Had iCloud for Windows over ten years on various machines and for a year on this one.

Couple of weeks ago I started getting the error "this set of folders cannot be opened" when trying to access my iCloud calendar through Outlook. There was no more Go Online button as I used to have either.

Tried unenabling and reenabling in Outlook Options. No go. Opened iCloud in Windows, all looks fine but still no go. Signed out and back in. No good. Uninstalled iCloud. Went to download

it for reinstalling and got diverted to the Microsoft Store where the only option was to install there.

Installed. Then pushed Launch. Nothing happens. Can't run as there's no option under Start/ Apps or Programs.

Can't uninstall as it doesn't appear in Control Panel/Programs.

Searching for iCloud in file manager shows nothing.

But going back to the install page I can't try again because it's saying iCloud is already installed. But it isn't.

Hello Bop,

I'm Diane, an Office Apps & Services MVP specializing in Outlook and an Independent Advisor.

>> Can't uninstall as it doesn't appear in Control Panel/Programs.
Apps from the store are in Settings > Apps and Features, not Control panel.

If you want the download from apple, you need to install the windows 7/8 version.

Your issue is usually solved by signing out of the iCloud then opening outlook and verifying the iCloud data file was removed - then close it and sign back in.
--
Diane Poremsky
M365 MVP, specializing in Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 apps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The link to download from apple's website isn't working? That will get you the newest of the 'older' version.
--
Diane Poremsky
M365 MVP, specializing in Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 apps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 89 Applies to: