I have 2 email addresses and want to see calendars separately

HI I have 2 work emails, one is a microsoft one, the other is gmail. I have tried importing calendars but it does not work, so I now have both emails logged in outlook, however this means i also have 1 calendar (comprising both together) and am unable to split them. I would like to be able to see them separately, and in turn also enable people who view the calendar in one organisation only to view one rather than both. I tried already importing the calendar with the embedded code from gmail but it does not work given one organisation does not have that feature allowed.

Hope this is clear

thanks

Alice

|

I have the win 11 mail app set as "New Outlook" with 6x Ex mail accounts each has its own Calander.

I dont use Gmail but its calander you dont import

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello AliceTealdi,

Good day! Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

I can understand you are trying to view calendars separately for your two work emails in Outlook, you can set up separate email accounts in Outlook for each email address. This will allow you to have separate calendars for each email account. By doing this, you will be able to access and view the calendars associated with each email individually.

To view your Microsoft and Gmail calendars separately, you can add both accounts to Outlook (Lagacy version) and then create separate calendars for each account. Here are the steps:

1. Open Outlook and click on the "File" tab.

2. Click on "Account Settings" and then "Account Settings" again.

3. Click on the "New" button and follow the prompts to add your Gmail account to Outlook.

4. Once your Gmail account is added, click on the "Calendar" tab in Outlook.

5. Right-click on "My Calendars" and select "Add Calendar" > "From Internet".

6. Enter the URL for your Gmail calendar and click "OK".

7. Repeat steps 4-6 to add your Microsoft calendar to Outlook.

8. You should now see separate calendars for your Microsoft and Gmail accounts in Outlook.

To enable people who view the calendar in one organization only to view one rather than both, you can share the specific calendar with them. Here are the steps:

1. Right-click on the calendar you want to share and select "Sharing Permissions".

2. Click on the "Add" button and enter the email address of the person you want to share the calendar with.

3. Select the level of access you want to give them (e.g. "Can view when I'm busy").

4. Click "Apply" then "OK" to save the changes and send the sharing invitation to the person.

That person will now be able to view only the calendar you shared with them, not both.

If you are not using outlook classic:

To view your calendars separately, you can create two separate profiles in Outlook, one for each email address. Here are the steps to create a new profile:

• Close Outlook if it is open.

• Go to the Control Panel on your computer.

• Click on "Mail" or "Mail (32-bit)".

• Click on "Show Profiles".

• Click on "Add" to create a new profile.

• Follow the prompts to set up the new profile with your second email address.

• Once the new profile is set up, you can open Outlook and choose which profile to use.

With separate profiles, you will be able to view the calendars separately and also share them with others as needed. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

However, if you are seeing a combined calendar after logging in with both emails, you may need to adjust your calendar settings in Outlook to display them separately. This will help you avoid overlapping events from both calendars.

Please understand that our initial response may not always resolve the issue immediately. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

Thanks for choosing the MS community.

Looking forward to your response and have a great day ahead!!

Sincerely

S M Nazmun Nur | Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2024 Views 996 Applies to: