i get rid of the pop up for my password, but i want to keep my sharing my calendar?

I share my calendar with the office and as of Tuesday everyone including myself is getting the pop up asking for the password tfor the calendar. I have put in every password that I have ever used and it will not accept them. I have went into the credentials file and changed the password ther and it still does not work.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thanks for asking the question. As I understand, the login credentials are being rejected even though it’s correct while sharing the calendar.

I have a question for you:

Is the computers connected to domain/network?

You may remove the calendar from the ‘Published Calendars’ list and republish the same and check if it works fine.

In Outlook click on Tools > Account Settings > Published Calendars tab > select the calendar and click on Remove > click on Close. Once it’s done, try to republish the calendar using the correct credentials and check if it works fine.

If the above steps fail, create a new Outlook profile using the article below and verify the status:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

I hope this helps. If you need any further information, you can always reply and we’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alleluia, its not just me!!   I am having the same issue with approx 20 of my users that use calendar sharing (and rely upon it) over 2 of my locations in San Diego and Denver that are part of our corporate network, plus a handful of outside sales reps at various locations around the USA that are not part of our corporate network.  We are using Outlook 2007 and have been using calendar sharing via office.com successfully for years with no problem, now suddenly as of Monday Feb 11, 2013 we can no longer share successfully.  We can’t  'unpublish' calendars, change sharing permissions or publish new calendars because it wants valid windows live credentials to do any of these functions and it wont accept them. I have tried to publish a new calendar from a fresh copy of Outlook with a brand new profile on a new machine to no avail.  Attempting to publish a new calendar prompts for windows live email and password twice and fails with a message 'Failed to sign in' and points to problems with Windows live ID credentials.  Attempts to access other users shared calendars already subscribed to prompts for Windows live id and password twice then fails saying that the calendar link at https://calendars.office.microsoft.com/pubcalstorage/etc etc.ics  is not a valid calendar.  All users can log in at windows live site successfully so credentials ARE valid.  I have Googled this issue to death and have gotten nowhere and I was just getting ready to plop down the $ to open a case with Microsoft thinking I was going crazy when I saw this post!  There are dozens of people that are posting similar issues this week on this old thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Raju,

Please see:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-outlook/outlook-not-accepting-microsoft-live-credentials/79a4fefd-2061-4982-8b25-4a12f02c4be9?page=3&tm=1360953288065#LastReply

Particularly pages 2-3 -  it looks like there are quite a few of us that have published a calendar through Outlook (which has worked fine until now) and are now unable to update and/or share with others because of credential issues.   Those same credentials work fine on Microsoft web sites. 

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have removed the calendar, and it will not let me re-publish it.   I get an error when I enter my login creditials.  I know they are the correct creditials as I use them all the time.

There has to be a reason all the creditials are being rejected.    Any additional suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, Bob for pointing me to this thread.

We are also having the same problem.  We use Outlook 2007 and have been using calendar sharing with office.com for a few years now.  Since around February 13, 2013, we have not been able to update calendars.  There is also a sign on screen for Windows Live that keeps popping up asking for User Name & passwords every few minutes.  The user name and passwords are valid.  Someone pointed me to the following quote on another thread:

Calendar Publishing to Office.com (PubCal)

Users will no longer be able to publish calendars publicly to Office.com using Outlook 2013, and the Office.com calendar sharing service will be shutting down for older versions of Outlook as well. We will publish a follow-up blog post detailing the timeline for the service changes, as well as ways to get the same feature set using Exchange or Outlook.com.

Has anyone seen anything about this?  Thanks for sharing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thanks for asking the question. As I understand, the login credentials are being rejected even though it’s correct while sharing the calendar.

You may remove the calendar from the ‘Published Calendars’ list and republish the same and check if it works fine.

In Outlook click on Tools > Account Settings > Published Calendars tab > select the calendar and click on Remove > click on Close. Once it’s done, try to republish the calendar using the correct credentials and check if it works fine.

If the above steps fail, create a new Outlook profile using the article below and verify the status:

I hope this helps. If you need any further information, you can always reply and we’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you

Hi,

I have the same problem as described in this article and also tried every suggestion on it, including the one about creating a new Outlook profile.

That didn't help either. The problem remains.

Please help, want to be able to sync or republish my calendar again.

Can log in everywhere else with my Microsoft account, into xbox, skydrive, just publishing my calendare from outlook 2010 does't work anymore, but it did.

Thanks

Rike

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you

Hi,

I have the same problem as described in this article and also tried every suggestion on it, including the one about creating a new Outlook profile.

That didn't help either. The problem remains.

Please help, want to be able to sync or republish my calendar again.

Can log in everywhere else with my Microsoft account, into xbox, skydrive, just publishing my calendare from outlook 2010 does't work anymore, but it did.

Thanks

Rike

Another hint besides the repeatedly upcoming pop up asking for the password for the calendar,

If I try to login via Outlook  Tools > Account Settings >Published Calendars tab >edit account I am asked to log into my account via an office.com registration form. there I will receive "Leider besteht zurzeit ein Problem, und wir können Sie nicht anmelden. Versuchen Sie es bitte später nochmal."

This obviously hints to a server problem and not to a user account problem, wouldn't it?

Why isn't Microsoft looking into this?

How can this be a user account problem if so many users report the same problem with different accounts, across the world?

Thanks

Rike

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem - as do many others on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-outlook/outlook-not-accepting-microsoft-live-credentials/79a4fefd-2061-4982-8b25-4a12f02c4be9?page=3&tm=1360972473293

I would like to know whether the announcement quoted by JTMilan is really MS policy.  It seems extraordinary that MS could pull such a service with so little warning. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

+1 The problem here as well. We had 16 users all sharing calendars through Outlook 2007. Last week it all went down with no obvious answer. Good to know I am not the only one, but causing some real headaches in having multiple login boxes pop up in Outlook for all our users! Grrr....

So MS, is the service coming back online?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi everyone,

I have found a work around to this issue using a 3rd Party cloud webDAV provider.

I signed up for a free account at: https://secure.cloudsafe.com/login/
You won't need to sign up for any of their premium plans.

Once signed up, I created a new "Safe" and enabled "webDAV" on that safe. Once that safe has webDAV enabled you can use the webDAV address, email address for the Cloudsafe account along with the webDAV access code to share your internet calendars. This is working for our small team of 10 users.

When you share your internet calendar in Outlook, just make sure you select "Publish to webDAV", then enter the log in credentials supplied from the webDAV server.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Cloudsafe in any way. There are probably a ton of alternative cloud storage providers with similar webDAV capabilities. A quick google and you should find a whole heap. I chose Cloudsafe because they seem to have a greater emphasis on security and encryption.

If you need any help implementing this solution, reply to this and I will help any way I can.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 3,383 Applies to: