I am unable to login to outlook via web or app by using my Office Work account.

I am unable to login to outlook via web or app by using my Office Work account, is it even possible ? does it need a personal account.

I want this to work somehow, can someone please help , when I try to login to outlook using my office work account I see the below error.

Something went wrong.

X-OWA-Error Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.TenantAccessBlockedException   

can someone please help
|

Hello John1RGG,

Good day!

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your issue as follows:

You're unable to log in to Outlook using your Office Work account, encountering a "500 Something went wrong" error with the specific code "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.TenantAccessBlockedException". This issue affects both Outlook web and app.

To clarify:

1. Is your Office Work account a Microsoft 365 or Exchange account?

2. Have you recently changed your password or account settings?

3. Are other colleagues experiencing similar issues?

4. Have you tried logging in using the Microsoft Office 365 portal?

5. Are there any conditional access policies or security restrictions in place?

6.Are other colleagues experiencing the same issue, or is it just your account?

The Possible reasons:

1. Tenant access restrictions or security policies.

2. Account or password issues.

3. Exchange or Microsoft 365 configuration problems.

4. Conditional access policies or multi-factor authentication (MFA) setup.

Error explanation:

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.TenantAccessBlockedException typically indicates that access to the tenant (your organization's Office 365 environment) is blocked.

Please check your firewall and anti-virus software if blocked your email account access. You may also test with different network such as other Wifi, 5G/4G hotspot and so on.

Then you may contact your Microsoft 365 admin and use the admin account to sign in Exchange Admin Center. Find the mailbox in Recipients > Mailboxes, select Edit.

Navigate to Mailbox features, make sure Email Connectivity if IMAPPOP3MAPI and Outlook on the web are enabled. (Note: If you are not sure who is admin, you may check this Microsoft article : How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support)

If this case only happened on New Outlook for Windows, you may check this Microsoft article to set up email account again Add an email account to Outlook. If not working, you may also perform further troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting Outlook for Windows issuesIf this case still persists, please contact New Outlook for Windows Support Team via clicking Help>Contact Support or Contact support and provide feedback within the new Outlook for WindowsThe support team over there has higher permission than us, they can remotely help you and collect logs at your convenience. They can also involve more resources to investigate the issue from backend side. This would be the most efficient way in handling this case for you.

By the way, if you are using on-premises Exchange server, you may also check this Microsoft article with similar error as shared workaround:

You've exceeded the storage limit for your mailbox error when signing in to Outlook on the Web

Note: Please understand that our initial reply may not always resolve the issue immediately. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. I look forward to working to resolve your issue once your service request is opened. Have a great day.

Best regards,

Eleni | Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2024 Views 11 Applies to: