How to view all images in an email at the same time in Outlook 365?

Instead of having to use the drop-down option to view each photo in an email, I prefer to see all the images displayed in the email at the same time. It can be time consuming to view individual photos using the individual drop-down option to view each photo when there are many photo images in an email. How does one display all the photos at the same time in an email using Microsoft 365? I have Windows 10 and use a desktop. I normally do not use Outlook.com website but use the 365 version on my desktop.

Hello JamesMarco

Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today.

Just to clarify something to make sure we are both on the same page about your question..........

Are these photos included in the message as "attachments" or as "embedded images"? If as attachments, there is no option to view all of them at the same time.

Also, is Outlook configured to use HTML for messages? Were the messages sent to you using the "Text" format which means any images could only be included as "attachments".
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Karl. Thank you for your response. Please forgive me as I am not too computer literate. I do hope I am a responsive to your questions. I essentially take real estate property photos from my photo album and use the "attach" email feature to attach them to the email. So yes, they are attachments of jpegs. The person(s) receiving my emails are also not able to view all the photos at the same time as they come to them as jpeg attachments. In the similar situation when I receive emails back with other photos, it would be much faster to see all of them quickly at the same time in an email. I guess my question is there a different way I can send and receive jpegs that can all be viewed at the same time in an email like using "embedded images"? I am not even sure what that is, and I am probably not wording my question properly, but I hope you get what I am trying to convey. I vaguely remember some years ago, all photographs in Outlook were all automatically seen in an email when a person sent photos.

I am not sure if Outlook is configured to use HTML for messages.

I am sorry I wasn't helpful to your questions. Thank you so much for all your help.

James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There two ways to add pics to a message

#1 - Add them as an attachment
#2 - Insert them directly into the message

What you warn to do is #2

*** option won't be enabled unless the cursor is in the body of the message as long as Outlook is configured to use HTML for messages which would be the case by default

To confirm the format being used, click on the <Format Text> ribbon when you compose a message. - it's in the <format> group and <As HTNL> will appear greyed out. If that's not the case, let me know and will provide the instructions on how to set that by default
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2024 Views 1,001 Applies to: