How to unlock my account

Hi,

I don't know why MS locked my MS account.

I have been MS registered and paying customer since MS Windows became available. I've bought different Windows versions as they become available, and I'm a subscriber to MS 365, Office, Outlook, Skype, etc. I have never misused or abused any of MS services.

I have filled and submitted different forms, as suggested a few times to no avail. Many times I've logged in to my account and received the code but got this message:

"Oops, something went wrong.

There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser."

I tried and signed in to account.live.com to get the same above message.

Please note it isn't only a major inconvenience, time-consuming and embarrassing to be accused without specific reasons for violations. To your good customers, it is disruptive in conducting my business. And since I can't log in, there is no live chat to resolve this issue.

Please help me resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you

<Changed to a question>

Hello Reza seyedin,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We know how important it is for you to be undisruptive with your work and time. The message usually appears when you are required to view and manage your account however, to get looped on the same messaging is the not what Microsoft intended to happen. Thank you for reporting this issue.

To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

• Do you mind taking a screenshot of the messaging you have quoted at your description?

• May we know what services or website you are trying to visit when you have first saw this message?

We will provide you series of troubleshooting to try and we would like to get to know more details about this. You have mention in your description how to unlock your account. Usually, locked account are the ones violated the Microsoft Service Agreement and the ones that have not secured fully their account or there is an account issue that is not being defined. If you belong to the second group of locked account user, then it would be best to follow the message in the error you receive.

"Oops, something went wrong.

There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser."

But thinking that you have mentioned getting this message above then we are wondering what exactly the issue you are encountering with your account.

To provide us the exact messaging of the account issue you are encountering, please follow the steps below:

1. On your preferred browser, please use InPrivate (Incognito/Private) Window (see guide: click here).

2. Go to this website: https://account.microsoft.com/

3. Sign into your account.

4. Take a screenshot of the error message.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. After receiving your email, I followed your instructions and used MS Edge InPrivate to https://account.microsoft.com/ and Clicked on the sign in.

2. It went to the account email. Then to the enter password – I entered the password

3. I got this message:

1-     I clicked on aka link and ended up at the form.

2-      I filled and submitted the form the first time I was asked and a few times after. 

Please note since my Outlook email account, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is locked, I assume their reply didn’t arrive.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Reza seyedin,

Thank you for your update.

Based on the screenshot you have shared; your account was locked. I would like to set your expectation that locked account has only one way of unlocking. That is discussed on the support article we will share to you on this reply.

You already perform the step in filling out the correct form however, to address your concern with your account's inability to receive an email. Please take a closer look on these two portions of email address part of the form (see screenshot below). First part is for a working email account, could it be your friends, family or your other personal email account. The later part is for you to enter the outlook.com email that has been locked. Should you have not received any response from the team on the working account you enter on first part, please read this support article: Account has been locked - Microsoft Support.

Regards,

Kathy A.

A friendly reminder to always secure your Microsoft account by adding secondary email, mobile #, use authenticator app & generate recovery code - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/additional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Kathy A.

Microsoft Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Kathy,

Thanks so much for your help and support.

The issue has been resolved since my email connected to the account is active, and I'm logged in using MS Edge.

Best,

Reza S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2024 Views 58 Applies to: