How to sync Live Calendar more frequently?

How can I increase the sync/refresh rate of the Live Calendar in order to check my subscribed calendars more often? An event was added to a subscription yesterday and it STILL hasn't shown up on my Live Calendar.

There must be a way to either manually refresh/sync or change an option to decrease the time interval between syncs. Could someone tell me how to adjust this?

|

(Reposting here because it's probably a more relevant thread).

This has happened sporadically in the past, but now I am unable to share my calendar with my co-workers.  Evidently MS has discontinued their Publish Calendars option, even though you can still see it on Outlook 2010 (but it's grayed out).

I got a popup from MS saying I now have to use Outlook.com.  Okay, I follow all the instructions about saving the .ics file and importing into my Outlook.com account.  My calendar shows up in my Outlook.com.  But anything I add in Outlook  does not update in Outlook.com.

I select Share in Outlook.com.  Choose the "Get a Link" option.  Select "Show Event Details".  Then fill in the email address.  In addition to my co-workers, I also send the Invite to myself.  So now I see my own calendar (using a different name for the calendar) in my Outlook, Other Calendars.  It has everything in there from when I "Saved" my calendar as an .ics file at the beginning.  If I add anything to either the Outlook calendar or the Outlook.com calendar, neither updates.  I have been trying for this for five days, with no sync update to either calendar.

Why can't I get the two calendars to sync, even on my own computer?  The real goal is to be able to again "Share" my calendar with my co-workers as I was able  to do before. 

I constantly get the "Task 'Internet Calendar Subscription' reported error (OxA8E72EFD):  Cannot verify or add the calendar to Outlook.  Make sure the following link is a valid calendar link:  webcal://calendars.office.microsoft.com/pubcalstorage/......" when performing Send/Receive or each time I start Outlook.  I've tried changing webcal to webcals, substituting with http and https as has been suggested in other threads I've read  relating to this problem.  Entered the webcal string attempts into my address bar with no success. 

Nothing works. I have spent literally days trying every combination of every suggestion or instruction on  different MS web pages.  I keep reading "This is a known problem and there is no estimate on when it will be fixed" all over this forum.  I keep seeing people politely asking about this and then getting more and more frustrated with the canned responses of multiple moderators.  I read about this has been going on for more than a year now with no fix.

Microsoft, tell me what I need to do to successfully share my calendars, including updates.  It worked before (at least sporadically).  Why would you take away the Publish Calendar Online option without making sure the Outlook.com method worked?

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

YES MICROSOFT....WHAT'S UP?  HAVE WASTED DAYS...tying to SYNC Microsoft outlook 365 home premium with my new outlook.com account.   The main reason to go with MS is to SYNC my calendar online with outlook.com and with my husband's work PC.  I have had issues sending e-mails, importing my older version of outlook's calendar, etc.  I can't even get my own calendar from my MS outlook on my PC to show correctly on my outlook.com calendar.  Especially an issue with the appointment I have been invited to from others. 

I am starting to regret my decision of going PC and Microsoft again and not switching to Apple....  should I have listened to my mother?  I have been a long time PC and MS suite and just upgraded our computers.  Going to purchase 1-2 more for kids this year...maybe we will go with the air Mac.  Then at least if something doesn't work you can get support from a person with you issues....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No solution yet. I was told in a support chat that a Microsoft rep would reply to this thread but I guess that's not happening.

Anyone have any workarounds?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Support.

I understand the challenge that you're having with regards to your Calendar.

@ Elliottcfox,

For your concern about the refresh rate of Calendar, please be advised that we don't have any way of increasing or decreasing the time interval between syncs. If it is taking much time and won't refresh, we suggest removing and re-adding back the subscribed calendar. You may also try to reset the link to make sure that it is updated and working.

@ JeffRusk,

As you mentioned, the calendar you have in Outlook.com does not update every time you make changes on your Outlook client. For this, we are looking into the possibility that the calendar link is not valid as what the error message shows. For that, please provide us the complete calendar link for further investigation.

I have created a private message so you can provide needed information. You need to be signed in to the Microsoft Community forum to view the link. Just click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message.

@ SonjaMoll,

For us to further isolate the issue, please provide us the following:

-What are the detailed steps taken that led you to this issue?

-Are you getting an error message? If yes please provide us the exact error message.

We are looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Elliottcfox,

For your concern about the refresh rate of Calendar, please be advised that we don't have any way of increasing or decreasing the time interval between syncs. If it is taking much time and won't refresh, we suggest removing and re-adding back the subscribed calendar. You may also try to reset the link to make sure that it is updated and working.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it took more than a day for the Outlook calendar to update properly. Removing and re-subscribing to each of the calendars I have subscribed to is not a reasonable solution.

With such an insanely long time interval to sync, it is too slow to be functional, so I will likely abandon the Outlook calendar until this is fixed. A reasonable time interval would be more in the range of 5-10 minutes, rather than 24+ hours.

Could you add this to the list of requests for the next update?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the response.  I did send you the requested links on the Private Message response.

For anyone else reading this, the ONLY way I have been successful sharing my calendar with my partner is to do it though a Google Calendar Sync app.  I have the Google Calendar Sync app that I downloaded a couple of years ago and that still works to sync my calendar with Google.

I tried to search for that same app in the last few days and can't find it, so I had to save my old download from Google to a zip folder and email that to my partner along with the installer.  Now at least I can add appointments in my Outlook program and have them show up on the Google calendar which my partner can access.

It's crazy that Microsoft isn't even compatible with its own software!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any update to this issue? It still appears to take 24+ hours for Outlook.com to refresh calendar feeds from Outlook 365. Maybe in the 19th century it would have been ok to assume that scheduled events won't change within 48 hours but that doesn't work for 2015.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here.  Highly highly highly annoying.

My wife and I have Outlook.com calendars which we are able to share and sync in real-time. This has worked very well for months. I access my Outlook account essentially from Outlook 2013. My wife uses the Outlook.com page.  This is all working very well.

I just took Office 365 Business Premium as I am creating my own Firm. I hence have a new email address and a new calendar in the 365 ecosystem.  I can access that new calendar from Office 3665, from OWA (Outlook Web Access), from Outlook 2013 and from my Windows Phone.  Updating from one of these point of access updates the whole lot.  This is all fine.

BUT, this is impossible to share that new Office 365 calendar with anyone on Outlook.com.  Picture that, Microsoft Outlook (the Outlook.com "branch") does not talk to Microsoft Outlook (the 365 "branch"). (Neither the software / exchange nor the customer service by the way.) In short, It takes at least 24 hours for one update made on the 365 side to show up on the other side. The excellent customer service from the 365 branch has spent almost an hour with me trying to fix it. We went through everything together. Indisputable conclusion : This is the Outlook.com side which is not refreshing things correctly or fast enough... 24 hours... a homing pigeon is faster.

And one other detail : This is also impossible to remove a calendar in Outlook.com (you can click them off but not remove them).  I did half a dozen tests to try to share these calendars so now I have half a dozen garbage calendars in Outlook.  They are all there, but none works and none can be deleted...

So, dear friends from the Outlook.com branch, would you rise to the challenge of helping us just like your "cousins" tried?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been testing multiple calendar feeds and tracking refresh rates on my MSN Live calendar feeds. Can anyone beat this, I think so far I might have the record....10days and still waiting:

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:29AM

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2021 Views 5,618 Applies to: