How to retrieve my accounts back!

Recently, I'd say couple months, I was forced to factory reset my desktop due to a glitch happening with it. Recently, I've been attempting to recover my old email accounts (all hotmail) via the mail app, I've recovered a decent amount of them but there are a few I cannot figure out the emails for them, is there anyway to get them back? Like a button or something?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Patrick Belcher

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.  

I understand that you need help in retrieving your account. We understand the importance of this case to be addressed. Allow us to check on this and we’ll assist you in the best way we can.

If you are unable to recover your old email accounts through the mail app, you can try to recover them through the Microsoft account recovery page. Here are the steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

2. Enter the email address or phone number associated with the account you want to recover.

3. Follow the prompts to verify your identity. You may be asked to provide a phone number or email address where Microsoft can send a verification code.

4. Once you have verified your identity, you will be able to reset the password for your account and regain access to it.

Or

You can try to recover your accounts by filling out the account recovery form at https://account.live.com/acsr. You’ll need to provide as much information as possible about your accounts, such as contacts, email subject lines, passwords, etc. You’ll also need a working email account that Microsoft can use to contact you about your request. It may take up to 24 hours for Microsoft to review your answers and respond.

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

I would like to inform you at the beginning that Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can in helping you with the process.

We look forward to your response.  

Truly Yours, 

Fatima  

Microsoft Moderator 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding. 

Respectfully,

Fatima J

Microsoft Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. When I am sent to the two-step process to reset my password, I DO receive the text message with the 6-digit code, but when I am sent to the page on which to enter my email address since I do have two-step verification, I dutifully DO enter my email address ( which I've had for over a decade and I opened my account with you over a decade ago) but I NEVER receive anything to my e-mail address despite MULTIPLE attempts and have received no replies to either my phone or tablet.

For what it's worth I also have a monthly subscription to Microsoft 365.

PLEASE help me, and is the two-step process feature REALLY necessary???

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just trying to get into my account. Want to know if I have the right log in info

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi can someone please contact me I have lost my original hotmail address I think I was hacked and I cant get into it even if I try to do a recovery, my email was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

please call me on <removed> or email me on this address

Thankyou

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Recently, I'd say couple months, I was forced to factory reset my desktop due to a glitch happening with it. Recently, I've been attempting to recover my old email accounts (all hotmail) via the mail app, I've recovered a decent amount of them but there are a few I cannot figure out the emails for them, is there anyway to get them back? Like a button or something?

I try to recover my hotmail account

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I want to ask a question about automated server. Lets say you opened an fresh account and forgot password and no phone number. Verifying webpage asks last mails you sended and whom you sended to. Does automated server takes blank page as correct answer if you didn’t send any email or it will reject no matter what if you send a blank page ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I want to recover my Microsoft account

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It says my account is like something or idk what it said

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good evening,

please, all of a sudden I can't get into my account anymore. I have followed the steps needed but no success. Now I get an email on the email address that I have given to contact me that you didn't get enough information. Please, I require my account to be activated again.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 45,485 Applies to: