How to replace Skype with Teams as a default online meeting on Outlook (Mac, Mobile and Outlook webapp)

I have M365 for family. When I use Outlook on my Macbook, or iPhone or Webapp (on Edge and Firefox), my online meeting options are restricted to only Skype.

I'm running the latest version of the software, but cant get Teams as my online meeting option. However Teams work fine as an app separately.

Outlook on Mac screenshot

Hello PratimDas

I'm Diane, an Office Apps & Services MVP specializing in Outlook, and I’m happy to help you today.

At this time, all Outlook.com users only have the option to create skype meetings.
--
Diane Poremsky
M365 MVP, specializing in Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 apps.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Diane, so to confirm. I cannot schedule Teams meetings from Outlook on Mac or from the Webapp - right?

Any ideas of roadmap - is this coming? One of documentation pages said, if you install the latest version of Outllok, it should automatically appear. That didnt work for me.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The documentation refers to the Teams button in Outlook - I know it works with business accounts, I'll double check if it works with consumer accounts - but if you have more than one Office 365 account in your profile, it will only use the default account for Teams meetings. And the account needs to be added as an Exchange account (which it is if you used auto account setup.)
--
Diane Poremsky
M365 MVP, specializing in Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 apps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's the challenge, there is no Teams button in Outlook client on Mac on my personal M365 account. If you scroll down in the doc, https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/the-new-outlook-for-mac-6283be54-e74d-434e-babb-b70cefc77439 you will see Teams button is shown when setting up a calendar invite.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 11,134 Applies to: