How to Get Office 365 Contacts to automatically populate in mobile Outlook app within the People section

Hi I am racking my brain trying to figure how in the world to get my organization's 365 contacts to populate into the Outlook app in the People section. 

So : 

Currently when I open the Outlook app on my iPhone 6+ and then click on People, I am only seeing 2 contacts. ( I assume these are local ones that Outlook saved based on me entering information manually). 

Question : How do I get it to populate all the contacts from 365? 

If I click on the magnifying glass in the top left hand corner, I can perform a search for the first few letters of an employee. 

For Example : "tay" 

However, it will not display any results : 

Question : How do I get it to display all the contacts from 365 here? 

Anyways ... I can click Search Directory and it will then populate the following : 

I can then click on a contact and it will display contact information. . 

Question : Why are the results duplicating ? 

This is all fine and good, but it requires a lot of clicking and seemingly unnecessary maneuvering. 

There must be a better way  ... 

Please someone help! 

~ Thank You ! ~ 

_/|\_ 

Answer
Answer

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for you post. About syncing Office 365 contacts to Outlook for IOS, if you configure your Office 365 account on Outlook for IOS, your all contacts will sync from Office 365 to Outlook automatically. You can see below:

The contacts from my Outlook desktop:

The contacts from my Outlook for IOS:

Please help to check your contacts from Outlook desktop client or Outlook web app, then check contacts form you Outlook for IOS, see whether they are same.

Note: please make sure how many accounts were configured on your Outlook for IOS, because the “People” will display all contacts from all accounts configured on your Outlook for IOS.

If this issue still persist, we have a dedicated support where you can use the in-app support to report any issues or feedback regarding the Outlook for iOS App. The relevant team would like to hear from you.

*Note when using the in app support.

1.  It can take a while for a representative to get back to the user. It is recommended that the user turn on notifications for Outlook in order to know when the technician is available.

2. If you don’t have notifications turned on, then when the user opens the app again and goes to support, you should see a response from the technician.

3. It is recommended that the user’s initial question be as fully descriptive as possible of the situation.

Example:

Thanks,

Richard

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 3, 2023 Views 809 Applies to: