How to enable outlook light version?

The current version of outlook is far too slow and laggy compared to its previous versions. How can I enable the light version?

Here's how far I've been able to get:

Gear > Options > General > Light Version

Answer
Answer

SpriteRed,

Microsoft's "Outlook" brand is very confusing. I'm not sure I fully understand all of the various components (all I use is the web based email called "outlook.com").

I don't think the "Light" version of Outlook is available for the web based email called "outlook.com". From what I have read, the Light version is available for a product called "Outlook Web App".

Here are a couple of links that describe Microsoft's "Outlook" brand ... although after reading these articles, I'm still confused by the names of the various products ...

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/780

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_on_the_web

The first link says this ...

Basically, the “Outlook” brand stands for everything that focuses on email.

• Outlook is the mail client application of the Microsoft Office suite.
  • Outlook.com is a free web based mail account (which used to be Hotmail).
  • Outlook Web App (aka OWA) is the web based mail client that is part of Microsoft Exchange Server which is also available for Live@EDU users and subscribers of Office 365 for Business and Exchange Online.

The second link says this:

Outlook on the web (previously called Exchange Web Connect, Outlook Web Access, and Outlook Web App in Office 365 and Exchange Server 2013) is a suite of Outlook web apps from Microsoft.

[...]

Outlook on the web has had two interfaces available: one with a complete feature set (known as Premium) and one with reduced functionality (known as Light or sometimes Lite).

============

Like I said, the "outlook" brand is confusing. The only component I use is simple access to outlook.com through a browser.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 10,904 Applies to: