how to download mail in the new version of outlook

Dear

i used to select one mail and ctrl+ c ,then i can ctrl + p the mail in the file folder. but i found in the outlook new , the "ctrl+c" isn't effective. So my question is how to download the mail in the new version of outlook. Thanks.

Hello how to download the mail,

Thank you for posting this case in Microsoft Community!

As mentioned, you want to know how to download mail in the new version of outlook. I would like to cooperate with you working on this case. To clarify this case, if you are using Legacy Outlook, you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl +V to copy as well as paste one selected email to local file folder.

As my further testing in New Outlook for Windows, this feature is not available yet which means that you could not download email directly via Ctrl+C and Ctrl +V. For my suggestion, you can try to download email via following workaround:

1. Select one email in your mailbox and click Forward as attachment options.

2. It will create new email with selected one as attachment. Then you click Download options to download emails now.

I am so sorry that there is no direct options or available features in New Outlook. And definitely, New Outlook is still working on product features development and improvement. In the future, more and more features will be released. You may check Microsoft Roadmap and keep monitoring the latest news:

Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

We do understand it would be more convenient and suitable for your daily work, so it is recommended that please click Help > Feedback or Contact support and provide feedback within the new Outlook for Windows and leave your good ideas there. Microsoft will keep monitoring customers feedback and good ideas there, some features would be changes based on customers feedback in the future, and your good ideas will be very helpful for the dedicated develop engineers in Microsoft to improve the product and services in the future. Actionable feedback is the most useful – tell us what you’re trying to do, and if anything fails to meet your hopes and expectations.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know, I will keep assisting you.

Your understanding and patience will be appreciated.

Thank you!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The new version of Outlook is ridiculous. Can't copy, paste, download, etc. Fire the bright spark who thought this change was good. The best work around is use your ipad and safari. Works much better and they don't change was not broken. It works very well.

Paul

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 780 Applies to: