How to disable my email account

As the title says, I want to disable but not delete my outlook account. Supposedly I can disable receiving emails but still send. Have tried to read up on this, and there are some answers but my outlook does not look like any pictured in the tutorials. Many posts have you click on the send/receive tab to start, which I do not have as pictured. I tried calling Microsoft but apparently they do not speak to customers any more. Thanks for any input.
|
Hi FROMMAINE

Thanks for reaching out! My name is Dane and i'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

That feature is only available for outlook application. But for outlook.com account there is no such option, also the option on the outlook app on the pc will only stop emails coming in on the app but will still continue receiving on the webmail.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank You very much for the speedy reply. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I take it my only real option is to delete the account. If that is true, is there a fairly easy way to copy my emails before deleting? As noted I'm not exactly a tech bro :) Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

on the webmail alone, there is no option to export and save the emails, you will have to use an email client to save your emails. Or one option is to create a new Microsoft Email and add your old email as connected account to import your mails on the new email account, then remove the connection to stop receiving from the old account but the emails are still saved on the new account, and since it is a new account , no one knows that email so you will not be receiving any emails

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Got it, I think. I have already set up another outlook account. I will see if I can connect the two and download the emails. I did after much fussing about manage to carry over my contact list to my new email, hopefully I'll manage. Many Thanks again for your kindness and direction. 

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Welcome, if you need further help, feel free to ask.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2021 Views 504 Applies to: