How to change the from Email address in Outlook app on phone

When I initially signed up for a Microsoft account, I used a yahoo email address as the signin email and created a password as instructed.  I recently set up an Outlook.com email address on our PC where we use Outlook as our email client.  Everything works fine there.  I downloaded the app to put it on my phone.  Now on the phone I receive email at the outlook address but when I send mail, it shows my yahoo address as the sent from address since I had to submit that to open/access my Microsoft account.  How can I change things on my phone so the sent from address shows outlook instead of yahoo?  It's confusing to people who send an email to my outlook address and then it looks like I reply from yahoo.  I am not a tech person so please reply with a step by step approach if possible.  Thank you.

Original title: Outlook mobile app

Hi Gema,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

1. Open Outlook app on your phone.

2. Go to Settings.

3. Tap on Outlook Email account.

4. Tap on Plus (+) symbol.

Now, the Outlook Email account shall be used to send an Email.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Gema,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

1. Open Outlook app on your phone.

2. Go to Settings.

3. Tap on Outlook Email account.

4. Tap on Plus (+) symbol.

Now, the Outlook Email account shall be used to send an Email.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

the outlook a account shows my yahoo address when I tap on it, it opens an info page that lists the yahoo address, next line says description, next line says synced xx contacts ? On/off switch, next line advanced settings.  No + sign anywhere.  If I click on advanced settings it opens in another page headed addresses. Listed under that are my yahoo address and my outlook address.  When I first looked at it, the yahoo address was listed as default. I tapped the 3 dots following the outlook address and chose the default option so it shows outlook as default address.  I shut off the phone but when I send a message it still shows it as being sent from yahoo and if someone sends an email to the outlook address, if I reply it also shows the reply as being sent from yahoo not outlook.  Very frustrating.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I would like to know, if you are still facing the same issue. If yes then, let us know to assist you further.

We are looking forward for your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 14,707 Applies to: