How do you create a task from an email when using Outlook in MS365?

Adding a task to follow up on an email seems to be a tedious process now with MS365. Is there an easier way to create a task rather than creating it from scratch? When using Outlook desktop app, we used to be able to drag and drop to do so, but not in MS365.

|

Hello Pamela,

Greetings. Thank you for reaching out.

May I please confirm the outlook version you are using? What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support

In the outlook classic desktop application, you can click the message and drag it to Tasks on the navigation bar. Create a task from a message - Microsoft Support

Just in case you are using the new outlook version, you can use the My Day pane to create a task from an email message. (Open the My Day pane by selecting My Day iconMy Day on the toolbar at the top of the page >Find the message that you want to create a task from in the message list >Select and drag the message to the To Do tab in the My Day pane). Example in screenshot below.

To view and manage your tasks, select Tasks iconTo Do from the left navigation pane.

This is similar to outlook on the web, please refer to this article. Use Tasks in Outlook on the web - Microsoft Support

In case you have any further queries or need any clarification, please let me know.

Thank you for your precious time and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Ashraf.

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Pamela,

Good day!

Just a follow up on this thread. We haven't heard from you yet in regard to our previous response to your query. In case you need any further help or clarification, please let us know.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Ashraf.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is super helpful. Thank you. I actually figured it out in the meantime, but someone else can surely use this help in the future.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Pamela,

No problem. Glad to hear that.

Since the response helped to clarify on this issue, if you don't mind, you can as well submit your vote below the reply so that it is pinned at the top and other community users can easily find this thread. You will have helped many of them in case they have a similar query.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Ashraf.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 52 Applies to: