How do I turn off Junk Email filtering on outlook.com

How do I turn off junk email filtering on Outlook.com? There seems to be lots of threads online of people having the issue but no solutions. I signed up for Office365 Home to move my family to but so far the junk filters have only caught genuine emails (set into the account via a forwarder for one of the aliases associated with the account)- every decision the filter has made has been wrong - it even filters Microsoft Support Ticket emails.

Add to this that some of my family operation via POP3 which cannot fetch the junk folder and the emails are in effect lost and then deleted after 14 days ( another bad decision, nothing should ever be auto-deleted it is MY data not yours)

Emails sent to my email address are MY data, and therefore I should have control over what happens to them, that includes not allowing Microsoft the make the decision to delete them. The most this anti-spam filter should do is tag them. The current operation is bad for everyone.

The setting to completely disable this filter is an absolute must, the current operation is not acceptable from either a functional or data ownership perspective.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Paul777,

The option to disable or turn off the Junk Email Filtering is not available on Outlook.com through the web. You may see this article to know more information about block senders or mark email as junk in Outlook.com. However, you can change the level of protection in the Junk Email Filter if you are using the Outlook desktop app.

Take note that if you want to turn off the Junk Email Filter, you must also remove names from the Junk Email Filter lists using the Outlook desktop app.

For any suggestions or feedback in using the Office apps, I highly recommend that you raise it through our UserVoice Forums. Our software engineers would be glad to hear any feedback and reports to help them determine what to further improve on our Office applications.

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reply here and we will further assist you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately changing it in the desktop app only affects behaviour client side even when connected as an outlook.com account using exchange connectivity, it does not affect what happens on the outlook.com servers. So even with that setting set to "No automatic filtering" mail still goes into the junk folder.

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us, Paul777.

Since you tried to make changes on your Exchange account settings using the outlook desktop app and still getting the same behavior through Outlook.com on the web, we'd suggest that you raise this concern to our TechNet Forums. This can help you get the most qualified pool of respondents and other partners who regularly read the forums.

Don’t hesitate to update this thread if you have further questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"However, you can change the level of protection in the Junk Email Filter if you are using the Outlook desktop app"

this article doesnt work for internet based users. these settings its instructing to go to dont exist! there should be at least a more obvious way to change the junk filter level. the filters are so arbitrary its painful, it keeps some emails from my school but not others, out of 564 emails it "filtered" 60 of them were even remotely suspicious, and out of those 504 emails that WERENT JUNK at least 30 of them were very important, and didnt look anything like junk emails. I lost out on an important scheduling email for WORK which was time sensitive and i had no way of knowing was coming or not, and it being put straight into my junk file lost me 200 dollars. if this doesnt get fixed ASAP, i am going to forward ALL of my emails, JUNK OR NO, to my google accounts. 

58 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

pleASE 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

aaaaaaa

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What the heck good is a junk filter that doesn't follow "never block" instructions? Sorry, but I can walk

for this transgression. Can't turn off "junk"? Blow me.

70 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please see this post I created, which brings together all the research I compiled over several days on this issue: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/seriously-guys-you-cannot-force-spam-filter-on-us/c1214766-b0d0-4081-8b11-d28e2606be26

If you are as frustrated as I am, please click 'I recommend this discussion' button next to Reply. Maybe they will take my recommendation to sort Junk / Spam with regular e-mails in normal Inbox, instead of creating a secret death camp for it

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here, I would like the option to turn off junk email filtering.

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I use outlook.com for my POP email server.  I would like to delete or turn off the junk mail folder.  No matter how many rules I set, you keep randomly putting my important emails into the junk folder.  I use the office suite to handle my emails but the server keeps hiding them in the junk folder on the server and I must log on to the website every week (two accounts) to find my email that is hiding in the junk folder.

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 11,021 Applies to: