How do I sync Outlook contacts with my Note 20

How do I sync Outlook contacts with my Note 20?

Hi Gary! This is Raech. I'm an Outlook.com user like you and I'm happy to help.

Do you have the Outlook mobile app installed on your device? To sync your contacts to your native Contacts app, access your Outlook mobile settings page, select your email account and tap Sync contacts.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I use the contacts program native to the Note 20 Ultra 5G and Microsoft Outlook desktop version on my laptop. I don't use the Outlook web, and do not use Outlook app on my phone. However, I did try adding the Outlook app to my mobile device and it still didn't sync my Outlook desktop version. I very often work on my laptop and find contacts have not sync'd for several years. All changes to my contacts originates in Google, and I'd like to have Google contacts making the changes to Outlook desktop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have the account set up as IMAP on your Outlook desktop?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I went to Account Settings and looked but am not sure what I am looking for from there. Is this what you mean?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Gary. I'm sorry but I'm out of ideas. Let's check with the other experts and see if they can help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Gary

Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today.

Google contacts do not sync with the Outlook desktop program. To be more specific contact / calendar data for any IMAP or POP accounts do not sync with the server. You would need to use a 3rd party sync tool to sync that data with your Google account such as <gsyncit> or any number of other sync tools

To see how your account(s) are configured in Outlook desktop, from within Outlook, go to
<File> --> <Account Settings> --> <Email> tab

If you want to share contact / calendar data across all devices without the use of a 3rd party sync took requires storing that data in an Exchange based account including Outlook.com

The general overview of the process is

#1 - Add an Outlook.com account to Outlook desktop
#2 - Add / copy your contact /calendar data to the corresponding Outlook.com folders
#3 - When done, add the Outlook.com account to your other devices

***If you want/need detailed instructions on the best way to go about doing the above, please let me knw and will gladly provide those
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm always concerned with security; what are the top 3 Exchange based accounts you would recommend? I'll try to get those set up on my own first and circle back to update my results.

Actually I was thinking my previous Note 3 accomplished that sync task within the device since I only started having an issue with it around 2018-2019 ish but I might be wrong.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll watch for a reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

>>
I'm always concerned with security; what are the top 3 Exchange based accounts you would recommend?
<<

Not sure what you mean by "top 3 Exchange based accounts". An account is either hosted on an Exchange server or it's not.

Your choices are

#1 - A free Outlook.com account or a <Premium> Outlook.com account (part of a Microsoft 365 subscription
#2 - A paid hosted Exchange account - available from different providers (the provider does not have anything to do with more or less "security"). The following are the plans offered directly from Microsoft

Compare Exchange Online plans
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/e...

For the purposes of just sharing contact / calendar info, a free Outlook.com account is all you need - security is the same for any Exchange based account. Just need to make sure that you do not use the same email address / password combination when signing up for / subscribing to other accounts and security is not an issue.
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 129 Applies to: