How do I restore items that I have deleted from the recycle bin

Hello -

I was attempting to clear out space on my OneDrive as I was unable to recieve emails, in doing so I permantely deleted photos from the recycle bin, thinking they were saved on my phone. It turns out this was a mistake and I have now lost all my photos.

Please can you advise how, if possible, I can restore them?

Dear Tim,
I’m sorry to hear that you lost your photos. You can restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive by following these steps:

1) In the navigation pane, select Recycle bin.
2) Select the files or folders you want to restore by pointing to each item and clicking the circle check box that appears, and then click Restore. Tip: If you’re using OneDrive with your personal account, you can select Restore all items to restore everything in your recycle bin. This option isn’t available in your work or school OneDrive. (more on that here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/rest...)

Deleted files remain in the OneDrive Recycle Bin for 30 days. So if you deleted them recently, you should be able to recover them.

You can also check your backup: If you have a backup of your OneDrive files or your device, check if you can restore your photos from there.

Best Regards,
George A.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reply.

However, I have deleted all the files from the recycle bin (massive mistake) so they are no longer there.

Is there anyway to restore files that have been deleted from the recycle bin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello -

I was attempting to clear out space on my OneDrive as I was unable to recieve emails, in doing so I permantely deleted photos from the recycle bin, thinking they were saved on my phone. It turns out this was a mistake and I have now lost all my photos.

Please can you advise how, if possible, I can restore them?

oh MY GOD. NAVIGATION PANE?? WHERE IS THAT. MICROSOFT RECOMMENDED TRANSFERRING GOOGLE FILE (I AVOID GOOGLE) WHICH WILL UPLOAD FOR EVER AND RUIN MY SYSTEM.

SHOULD BE SIMPLE.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2024 Views 1,822 Applies to: